CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Driver Seat Movement

redeldo

On my 97 Eldo the drivers seat will not move forward or backward. The seat back will move in both directions but the seat bottom and frame will not move at all. I looked to see if something was in the way on the track but that was ok. About the only thing I could see under the seat was 2 silver cylinders which must be the motors and some wiring. Nothing looked unplugged. Glad it didn't stop at the far ends of the movement or I would be cramped to the steering wheel or have to buy some extensions for my legs and arms!

Anyone else have a problem with the seats and have any suggestions on how I can get some movement? (the seat, not me)

A Canadian gentleman had difficulty bringing both seats backs to vertical position after he and his GF put them in horizontal position for some reason ;)

we did not hear from him since. If your problem is the motor I have one from Seville 91 for you free of charge (a good member of our board gave it to me). I do not expect any seats related problem since my GF is not allowed to touch any button in my car. :angry:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I also know where to get a set of seatback lifts (high pressure gas struts) if you need them. Good price.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived