CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OEM Caddy Wheels

tom karen

Looking for a new set of wheels and have been watching Cardio-Doc closely.

Would like to hear from some of you owners on how different wheels compare.

So far I see chrome, bright finish and aluminum all OEM.

Do the latter two keep their finish and shine, or do they require a lot of upkeep to keep looking good.

Actually think some of the polished wheels look sharper than chrome.

Any advice or feed back would be appreciated.

tom karen

When I purchased my '94 STS in '97, I liked the '97 chrome wheels. I tried to buy a set of used ones, however I could not locate any.

I priced a new set at the dealer (parts), and was shocked at the price.

Then a friend told me to check out any '97 STS with the chrome wheels and write down the VIN number. Then go to the dealer and ask for a "package" price for the wheels. Dealer requires the VIN.

The "package" includes one wheel, one center, one valve stem.

The price was about half the parts price.

So I bought a set.

They have maintained their shine and have no pits or marks.

DO NOT USE CLIP ON WHEEL WEIGHTS. Dirt gets under them and they "wear" the finish off the wheel causing dull areas or corrosion.

The OEM wheels are very well built.

Note: The OEM "package" price for the wheels were way less then after market wheels.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

Agree. Still have the chrome wheels on my '97 (OEM for that year) and they look great. Absolutely no pitting or marring. I even removed the silver paint in the "holes" of the spokes to result in 100% chrome wheels (chrome over aluminum).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Chrome looks great when its clean, and crappy when its dirty. The chromes are probably more upkeep, if your proud and anal.

I made a spreadsheet in MS Excel for calculating various tire diameters, based on aspect ratios and wheel diameters with some OEM specifications, as well. I tryed to attach the file but it would not work.

If you want it, e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

post-3-1075960161.jpg

How much DID you get those wheels for if you don't mind me asking. I have a 97 Eldorado, want some chrome ones too.

I looked up the paper work on this. I purchased them in 1998.

They are the '97 Chrome STS (7) spoke wheels.

The part number (listed as a "wheel kit" - 1 wheel) is 12365471.

I purchased it from a Chevy dealer at a discounted price of $ 250.00 each, CANADIAN.

Barry

2008 STS V8
2016 Colorado Z71
1970 Corvette LT-1 Coupe

"Do the latter two keep their finish and shine, or do they require a lot of upkeep to keep looking good." I use a synthetic polymer product ( Meguiar's #20 or the new NXT, ) to protect my wheels. The polymer products hold up better than "Regular" wax for me. Minumum application- every 3 months. My wheels come clean with regular car wash.

rek

Archived