No Wonder They're Changing the Name

jschunke

The 2004 Consumer Guide marked the Seville

with the lowest ratings for both dependability

and re-sale value. No other model had such a

dubious distinction. So now that they're changing

the name to STS they'll lose the old baggage and

start off with a new slate?

What are you talking about? There has been an STS for a long time, 80s I think was the first. Consumer Reports is full of BS anyway. They always give high marks to non-domestic cars. Do a google about them and find some amazing info.

I would pay no attention to Consumer Guides it is obvious that they have a bias toward foreign cars. As they say OPINIONS VARY. They say, not as quiet as a LEXUS...ha, who cares.... Furthermore, we all know that for YEARS the Cadillac depreciates quickly the first few years, in my humble opinion its due to supply and demand not VALUE... Find other reviews before you jump ship and run. Mike

Cadillac should give 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty on all the higher end cars. (i.e. over 45k or so). I think that would attract a lot more buyers and show GM is standing behind their product.. The 50k warranty is old news now as most 'cheaper' manufacturers are going with the higher warranties. A minimum warranty should be at least 6 years or 72,000 miles.. which would give you about 1 year of warranty after you have stopped making payments on the car. My warranty was 70k miles on my STS and i had them do about 10k worth of repairs on it at 69k :)

What he means is that Cadillac is abandoning the "Seville" designaion in "STS". They would like to abandon the name, and go only with the letter designation.

Similar to the way the Catera became the "C"TS, as one would assume the C still means Catera (thus "Catera Touring Sedan"?)

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Cadillac should give 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty on all the higher end cars. (i.e. over 45k or so). I think that would attract a lot more buyers and show GM is standing behind their product.. The 50k warranty is old news now as most 'cheaper' manufacturers are going with the higher warranties. A minimum warranty should be at least 6 years or 72,000 miles.. which would give you about 1 year of warranty after you have stopped making payments on the car. My warranty was 70k miles on my STS and i had them do about 10k worth of repairs on it at 69k :)

Yeah, my warranty ran out on my 98 STS last June but my repairs were around $2000 mainly due to 3 out of the struts/shocks being replaced. But $10K that is ridiculious!! did you go offroading before you took it to the dealer!!

The 50k warranty is old news now as most 'cheaper' manufacturers are going with the higher warranties.

Maybe longer term and mileage but they probably are not bumper to bumper warranties like the Cadillac. It would be interesting to read the warranty terms to see what the cheaper manufacturers exclude. I would bet that their full coverage ends much sooner than 5 years...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived