CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

trunk leak

tekfx19

can anyone go into further detail about the trunk leak fix in the how to section? I have the trunk leak but im not sure where to cut the holes etc etc.

Can anyone help? thanks in advance.

BTW. I found a place in miami to fix my car hopefull theyll do a good job for the money. They said that they have to cut out the right center post and weld a new on in there. Including two new doors, and rear bumper.

BTW. I found a place in miami to fix my car hopefull theyll do a good job for the money. They said that they have to cut out the right center post and weld a new on in there. Including two new doors, and rear bumper.

is this all just to eliminate the trunk leak?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

If you go to the caddyinfo home page here, you'll find a link to the searchable archives from the "old board". In there, you'll find your problem diagnosed and solved very simply, and inexpensivly. Here's the link to the archives, just type in 'trunk leak', and read up!

http://caddysearch.netgetgoing.com/mbarchives/default.asp

Try it before you pay anybody to get too carried away!!

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Probably dos'nt apply but I think I have fixed my leak on the 2001. Bought the new trunk seal and installed my self a few weeks back. Been waiting for rain and it has arrived. (be carefull what you wish for, you might get it) Three days of rain and no leak.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I have had trunk leaks in both of my Caddys and corrected the problem by pulling off the weatherstripping on the trunk and filling it full of weatherstripping sealant and replacing it ----- problem solved. Sometimes there may be a small crack on or near the flange which holds the weatherstripping ------ in this instance you will need to silicone the crack(s) as well.

Good luck.

Archived