CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Engine Coolant Sensor

jah

Hi All,

I just got my tranny rebuilt on my 94 STS. When the mechanic was putting the tranny back in he somehow pulled the wires out of the engine temperature sensor, i see them hanging. When i first start the car, after a minute or two the display reads the engine is overheating and it shuts off. It does this one or two times then it runs fine. My question is, is it safe to drive until i get it back to the mechanic to fix what he broke? :angry:

did you try to get trouble codes? If you believe your sensor is disconnected you'll definitely see related codes. Press Warmer and Off simultaneously untill the DIC starts to show codes. Wrigth them down and post. Let's see what you get.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Wow! These symptoms exact the same like mine!

Except I know for sure the wire is not hanging.

You can find my post about it http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15178

I still didn't find a problem. I think it's a short between the temperature sensor wires. Just made a temporary solution and it works.

If you find a cause please let me know.

I will check the wire, but I want to know where actually the PCM located at first.

Yeah, I removed air filter box, but it's nothing to see there. At least I didn't see anything like PCM. And how it looks, anyway? I assume it should be box with a lot of cable connectors. Or at least box with one connector.

And how it looks, anyway? I assume it should be box with a lot of cable connectors. Or at least box with one connector.

... or a connector with a lot of boxes :lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived