CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bad Power Antenna

Dynomite98

I have a 1998 eldorado and last week the power antenna stop working. Right now it is stuck it the on postion. I hear the antenna motor run when i turn the radio on and off. but the antenna just wiggles a little bit and won't go down. Whats wrong with it and How do i fix it?

Andrew Morris

Dallas, Texas

1998 Black Eldorado:

full custom Borla exhaust

Custom intake

1500 watt Hifonics amp

3 12inch Boston Acoustic G2 subwoofers

I-pod integrated

18 inch Lexani Krystals with Z-rated tires

E&G classics Billet grill

BMW E36 Angel Eye Headlights

Ported SS heads

The nylon cable from the mast to the motor is broken. I have heard others say that there is an inexpensive repair kit available from the dealer. In the mean time, remove the fuse so as not to burn out the motor.

Instead of removing the fuse you could unplug the motor, but make sure you tape the plug up because if it hits metal it will blow the fuse. My 92 Deville has been this way for about 5 years.

Larry most likely is correct. However, there is a slim chance that there is debris jammed where the mast goes down or on the mast inself. Can happen if you don't clean and lube the mast.....I'm talking from experience (hahaa). I've had tiny pieces of road grit jam the mast a few times. Worth a looksy because it's free.

:)

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

I just read your caddy info on your signature. Sounds like a smoking ride. Feel like posting any pics so we can have a closer look?

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived