CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help! 1990 Deville Blower won't quit

sixtires

I just got home this afternoon and put my 1990 Deville in the garage. The AC blower is running on high and won't quit. This is with the key out of the ignition. I even tried pulling fuses and couldn't get it to quit. I finally disconnected the battery cable.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Marko :lol:

The blower motor control module has failed. It is mounted in the evap housing near the blower motor.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You don't need to remove the blower motor - the module is about 12" away from the blower motor in the HVAC housing.

I think they are about $80 at the dealer.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

On my 92 Deville the blower control module was under the Maxi-fuse center. It has 2 plugs in it, one has 4 contacts and the other has 2. It is located about the middle of the firewall in the top of the duct and is held down by 3 screws. It is an easy change once you get the fuse center out of the way. Price varies from $80.00 to $100.00. It will probably take you about an hour to change. I had to unplug the blower to get mine to stop, before I changed it. You could try to just clean the contacts to see if that works before you change it out.

Archived