CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

possible brake noise

danbuc

I just started getting this weird wurring noise front the front end about three weeks ago. It sound like unlubricated gears in the tranny but this would seem odd since it works perfectly. I have notice a slight decrease in brake performance plus when I rest my foot on the peddle lightly, depending on the speed I am going you can feel a steady vibration coming through it. The brake pads I have on now I got from the STS tire center on the highway near my house (maybe not so wise). Its seems that they have only lasted for about 8500 miles or so which is crap especially since I'm am not that hard on the brakes. Since I get vibrations through the brake pedal which varies in intensity with speed, that leads me to believe that my brake pads are failing. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regardless, I'm definitley getting the pads changed at the dealer next time......Thanks in advance :)

The pulsation is caused rather by rotors than pads. As Larry Grandolfo said tak eapart the caliper check the pins for rust ab break grease into pins bushings an replace the rotors they are not expensive. At the same time you'll get opportunity to look at pads. If oins and piston are fine they should wear evenly.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived