CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

key remote unit

SteveK

I have a general question regarding replacement of the remote door/trunk opener. My #1 unit is broken and I want to replace it. I see lots of units on eBay with varying prices. On the back of my unit I have the following:

GM 16183016

CANADA 218101375

MODEL/FCC ID: AB01602T

Will any unit with the same codes work on my car or is there something else I need to be looking for? This seems a little dangerous if true. Does this mean anyone with one of these units could walk around a parking lot and test it on a Cadillac? Thanks in advance. Steve Keitel

the only way a remote can control yor car is if it is programmed to your car.

The only thing i can say about most ebay remotes is that dont think that the remot shown in the picture is what yours is going to look like, most of the time they are pretty faded.

What year cadillac do you have? I haveth part numbers compatibility list for many years

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I have a general question regarding replacement of the remote door/trunk opener. My #1 unit is broken and I want to replace it. I see lots of units on eBay with varying prices. On the back of my unit I have the following:

GM 16183016

CANADA 218101375

MODEL/FCC ID: AB01602T

Will any unit with the same codes work on my car or is there something else I need to be looking for? This seems a little dangerous if true. Does this mean anyone with one of these units could walk around a parking lot and test it on a Cadillac? Thanks in advance. Steve Keitel

The remote system uses "rolling codes" making it virtually impossible for another remote to open your car. The folk at keylessride.com can provide you with a replacement for almost half off the dealer price ($74 vs $128). They claim to offer instructions that will allow you to program the new remote IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER WORKING REMOTE (free with purchase or else $9.99). I don't remember how to do that.

I've bought a few remotes from Keyless Ride and have been satisfied with each. Your remote can be found here:

http://www.keylessri...7&model=Deville

Some remotes can be repaired. Care to tell us what's wrong with yours?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

• 1 month later...

Model Year GM Part Number

#1 Remote #2 Remote

1992 thru 1995 10269729 10178734

1996 and 1997 16183016 16196066

16259819 16259829

1998 thru 2000 25656444 25656445

2001 to Current ? ?

NOTE: The part numbers listed above are for the Cadillac Deville, Eldorado and Seville only.

Hope this helps

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Here's a link to a post that I started when I first got my 97 DeVille Jims_97_ETC listed the process for reprogramming a fob in it. http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=23261&st=0&p=152730&hl=Reprogram%20Key%20Fob&fromsearch=1entry152730 Hope this helps.

Also another post that I was part of http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=24679&st=0&p=156053entry156053

Sean M.

1997 Cadillac DeVille

Archived