CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

control for heated seats

SteveK

I have a '97 Deville base model. I cannot get the heated seat on the driver's side to work. Also, the lumbar switch does not work. I checked the fuses and all are in good order. Also, the heat switch lights up but does not heat so it is getting power. The heat works on the passenger side but there again the lumbar does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks, Steve Keitel

It's odd the lumbar motors on both sides are out of commission at the same time. Did you check the Rear Compartment fuse block? I don't know about the '97 DeVille, but the '98 DeVille has a fuse back there that is shared by the lumbar motors on both passenger and drivers side.

Sorry about your heating element. I couldn't live without that. I even used it this past summer when I was enjoying a pinched nerve in my back.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

ive been looking for more info on heated seat problems myself for awhile. Most people dont want to dig in and find the actual problem and the few that do replace the element. I havent heard of anything going bad besides the element or a fuse.

But there are other parts that go with the heated seats. Like you said the switch and theres also a relay box under the seat to switch between hi and low.

I know on my 96 fleetwood (which may be similar design-wise to your 97 deville) the drivers side works flawlessly but the passenger side does not. The light doesnt come on and no heat. But it is getting power and the relay box clicks. The thing that puzzles me is this car was used as a transport car so the passenger seat is in untouched condition with stiff padding and leather like it was never used. It was a northeast car so surely the drivers side heated seat was used but it is still working and the passenger seat that wasnt used is broke.

Ironically its too cold to diagnose right now. But as soon as it warms up I wanna trace the problem. All Ive checked is voltage at the switch but not if voltage was going through the switch or through the relay box.

If you find out any more info please let us know.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived