CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Thought Question

Scotty

On another thread I just scanned a page out of my 1991 Cadillac Seville manual detailing the throttle body to help a poster locate components. When I went back to look at the post, it suddenly dawned on me that I could be violating copywrite laws what do you all think about this? Maybe to post that scan legally, credit needs to given the source of the picture? Just a thought, Mike

I doubt that GM or Helms are going to send a team of lawyers after you, but the material is protected.

My '98 manual has the warning on the first page of each volume "No part of this manual may be reproduced ........ without the prior written permission......"

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

My '98 manual has the warning on the first page of each volume "No part of this manual may be reproduced ........ without the prior written permission......"

Ahh there you go! I am sure that the same statement is in the front of my manual! I will be more careful from now on.. Thanks, Mike

Mike,

You did not seak any profit from that picture right? So do not worry you are not going t folloe Martha Stewart :lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

The new show will be called from "From Martha's Jailcell"

They will be making rope from plant fibers, redecorating the cell next door like a victorian home, and planting a flower garden! Good times will be had by all! :D

Scotty, I wouldn't worry unless what you posted is slanted in a way that suggests that it's your info. and or you are receiving compensation of some sort. If you scanned and posted the actual page then it's obvious you weren't trying to take credit for someone elses work..... unless (heh) ... you implied that it was your manual compiled by you. Like JimD said earlier, "I doubt that GM or Helms are going to send a team of lawyers after you."

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived