CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I just had too!

AaronM

Since I am only 15, I can't drive my car yet. It just sits on the side of the house covered in more than a foot of snow! I could not take it any longer!!! I started her up as I do one time every week and brushed the front half and back bumper and trunk off. I can't wait until I can drive her in April when I can get insurance put on it. I am still thinking of a cool license plate phrase, hmmm. Any ideas?

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Try to resist the urge to start it every week. This is doing more harm than good to the engine! Unless you get it fully hot and leave it run that way for at least 20 minutes, you are only contributing to moisture/acid buildup in the motor oil. Before you do take it out in the spring, change the oil. A better plan would be to put it in storage mode and remove the battery, keeping it warm and on a trickle charger.

I'll pass on the license plate saying. That looks like a real nice ride. Hurry springtime!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Try to resist the urge to start it every week. This is doing more harm than good to the engine!  Unless you get it fully hot and leave it run that way for at least 20 minutes, you are only contributing to moisture/acid buildup in the motor oil.  Before you do take it out in the spring, change the oil.  A better plan would be to put it in storage mode and remove the battery, keeping it warm and on a trickle charger.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I didn't know that! I thought I was helping it by keeping the parts moving! Uh-OH!!!! Looks like hybernation mode for the Caddy! Thanks for letting me know this!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Yea, your better off moth-balling it. Here are some other suggestions:

Invest in a quality soft cover, then cover that with a water proof tarp.

Put it on jack stands.

Add a little Stabil to the gas and run it through the system.

Spray some wd40 into the air intake for the last few seconds of run time.

Run it till its hot, then plug up the exhaust pipes and air inlet.

Remove the battery and trickle charge it.

Make sure the antifreeze is fresh, cause the stuff gets caustic.

Spray the carpet with lysol.

Come spring time she'll be clean, dry and ready to go in no time.

Well Aaron, I'll say one thing for it, you're certainly going to learn patience! At your age, the days go by slowly; but at my age they go fast so why don't we just go on my schedule and April will be here before you know it! Hang in there buddy.

Caddys are the best first cars. I'm 17 and on my second Caddy. My first was 1995 Dark green eldorado. Being 16 and driving a Cadillac, you always get those second glances while drivng down the road. The best thing is everyone at my school loves the caddy and i think ive started a trend, everyone now wants either a caddy or a lincoln. But the only ones so far are crappy lincolns and cateras. PS: chicks dig the heated leather seats.

Andrew Morris

Dallas, Texas

1998 Black Eldorado:

full custom Borla exhaust

Custom intake

1500 watt Hifonics amp

3 12inch Boston Acoustic G2 subwoofers

I-pod integrated

18 inch Lexani Krystals with Z-rated tires

E&G classics Billet grill

BMW E36 Angel Eye Headlights

Ported SS heads

Caddys are the best first cars. I'm 17 and on my second Caddy. My first was 1995 Dark green eldorado. Being 16 and driving a Cadillac, you always get those second glances while drivng down the road. The best thing is everyone at my school loves the caddy and i think ive started a trend, everyone now wants either a caddy or a lincoln. But the only ones so far are crappy lincolns and cateras. PS: chicks dig the heated leather seats.

i know a guy who drives a Catera in my high school...polo green

YAY!! Chicks dig heated seats! That is good. I have always wanted to go pick up chicks, c'mon summer!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

YAY!! Chicks dig heated seats! That is good. I have always wanted to go pick up chicks, c'mon summer!

Real chicks can heat their own seat!! ;)

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived