CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 Seville ERG Pintle Valve

docbertsch

I got the P0101 - MAF sensor and P1406 - Man. Aux. Emissions Controls OBD-II codes when caddy was running rough. I replaced the MAF and cleared the P0101 code.

Is there some testing or troubleshooting I can do on the Pintle Solenoid that will verify it has failed before I replace it? I have a hard time believing the electronic solenoid failed - either causing the MAF sensor to fail or being caused by the MAF failure.

Thanks.

Remove it and clean it with a toothbrush and carb cleaner. Just remember to hold it up right so as not to let the carb cleaner run down into the canister. You want to make sure the pintle operates freely and doesn't stick.

Hi there, is it possible that the EGR could ever just be shot? ie) cleaning it doesn't help.. need to replace it. On the 95 Blazer I get an EGR code, cleaned it out, [wasn't much in there] with carb cleaner and still SES light is on. Thanks

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

Hi there, is it possible that the EGR could ever just be shot? ie) cleaning it doesn't help.. need to replace it. On the 95 Blazer I get an EGR code, cleaned it out, [wasn't much in there] with carb cleaner and still SES light is on. Thanks

-Eric

Sounds like one for Bbobynski but anything electrical or mechanical can fail. I can't recall how the Blazer works but it is GM so I would suspect it is similar to Cadillac in that if the code was not cleared it takes 3 ingition cycles with no faults detected for it to clear itself.

Sometimes....on OBDII systems..you can replace a part .....and the code will still be there. A battery disconnect wont clear the code. You may have to have the code cleared with a scanner.

The GM Tech2...this one happens to be ours....

1056786545085_tech.jpg

Pretty pricey unit at about $2700. But if you have a GM car...its your best friend.

Archived