CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

05 STS

Very positive coverage from Forbes about the 05 STS

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/2004/07/06...l_0706feat.html

Don't miss 'click here for the slide show' for the rest of the article btw.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Very positive article. Every review I've read so far on the new STS, at least four or five to date, has been positive. Great to see Cadillac getting positive feedback from the press. Strangely, this article states we shouldn't expect any new nameplates from Cadillac anytime soon. What about the replacement for the Deville, supposedly to be named simply DTS. Isn't this due in a year or so? Has anyone read anything regarding GM's plans for this platform, such as FWD, RWD, or AWD?

Regarding the new STS, it seems the V8 model list price starts at around $48K. But if one wants a V8 and AWD, one is required to purchase a mandatory option package which boosts the price to around $63K. I've already called my dealer and he confirmed this. I hope Cadillac changes their pricing structure by the time my SRX is traded in. I really do like the new STS, but darn, I really hate to pay for options I don't want or need just to be able to get those I do want. I can't consider RWD in my geographic location, I need AWD. But some of the options included in the mandatory option (mandatory option??????) package I can definitely live without.

Hey Cadillac, don't do this to us!

Archived