CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HELP with OBD1 System----PLEASE !!

Hi:

Following directions (or trying to) found on http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html#dia to the letter. "E" codes display, then the system comes to rest at ".7.0" Then hitting AUTO or turning off the key returns it to normal. I'm not getting a "C" or "H" to signify current or history. Hitting HI or LO at this point (as the above referenced OBD1 guide instructs) only causes some erroneous readouts, like E.0.1, E.0.2, E.9.5, E.9.6

Am I missing something? My main objectives are to first see if the codes I"m getting are current or historical, and second, to clear them and start fresh as I eliminate possibilities.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :wacko:

Best to all,

Tim

Are you turning the key on and holding down the warmer and off buttons simutaniously till the diagnostics come up? That is all you need to do, then the codes should flash across the DIC, showing any current and history codes, then after it shows any current or history codes it should show "PCM?".

This will allow you go go into the diagnostics of each system ie: PCM, IPC, RSS and the others.

John

The diagnostics in the DeVille were different from the Seville/Eldorado. Pressing OFF and WARMER simultaneously will display the codes and when the display shows .7.0, it is awaiting further input.

I don't recall how that system distinguishes a history code from a current code. Possibly someone with a '89-'93 Service manual will chime in. My Fleetwood indicates a history code by proceeding the code with a 1 (ie 132 is a code 32 History) but that is a different system than the others.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

It has been a while since I have had OBDI and I may be wrong but I seem to recall 7.0 means all is well (no codes).

.7.0 means the diagnostic system is awaiting input from the user. After the codes are displayed, .7.0 will be displayed.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

If no one here knows the answer, go to your local library and look them up in the automotive reference section. They should have the factory manuals availible to view but usually they won't let you check them out.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived