CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

weird idle

Hi all

Well this past weekend I finally cleaned the throttle body of all the carbon.

I removed the unit from the car as I thought that this would be the best way to clean it thoroughly. I also cleaned the egr tubes as they were, or at least one of them was practically closed. During the process of re-installing I also noticed a vacuum line that was broken so that was also repaired.

On to the problem now, when I finally started the car the idle shot up to 2500-3000 rpm. Knowing that I have a weak sprag in the tranny (earlier post) I did not want the idle that high for any length of time. The idle did calm down to about 1000 rpm but when I start the car the reves jump up quickly and then settle down again. My question is do I have to perform an idle learn now that this work has been done or have I done something wrong?

I also screwed in the plunger 1/2-1 turn which I might not have had to do.

The car ran quite well before the job although it was surging from a stop and now it seems much better.

Please help as I don't want to fix a problem only to cause another ie transmission granading.

Thanks for your help

Frank

Thanks for all your help.

The idle is back to normal and the car is running great now. I also noticed that it doesn't lunge forward anymore when the AC cycles.

I also checked the codes and there are 2 history codes and 1 current, A011 so that will have to be the next project I think.

bbobynski, what does moving the plunger screw in do?

If I leave it will it harm anything or is there a specific setup?

adallak, I don't understand your question can you please let me know what you're asking

Thanks once again for the help and advice

Frank

Frank,

Does your nick have anuthing to do with throttle deposits? :D

Made me laugh adallak. Frank,he was referring to your name Frank Carbone . Have to admit he has something there. :)

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Frank,

Does your nick have anuthing to do with throttle deposits? :D

Made me laugh adallak. Frank,he was referring to your name Frank Carbone . Have to admit he has something there. :)

Oh I see now........dahhhhh

I guess that's why I had no fear of tackling the job.

Amazing cars these caddy's. Whow whould of thought that a car could teach itself how to run properly.

Thanks for clarifying the nick question and the resulting laugh.

Frank Carbone :D

Made me laugh adallak. Frank,he was referring to your name Frank Carbone . Have to admit he has something there.

Thanks kger2! Sometimes people misinterpret my jokes making me feel uncomfortable :rolleyes: .

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived