CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

On Board Diagnostics

newbold1

Is there a way to check the on board diagnostics on the 2004 CTS similar to the way that this was done in my 1996 SLS? In the SLS you press the A/C Off and Passenger Warmer buttons simultaneously in order to access the diagnostics mode. Does similar functionality exist for the CTS? Just curious...

If you go to the Caddyinfo.com home page, there are links that will describe how to get all the codes, I did today for my 02 Deville. I found it is called OBDC II, not I, like my 94 Concours. Advanced!

However it doesn't describe very well how to navigate after you get in there. Also I ran the codes and got all 3 alpha and 4 numeral codes, the list of codes I ran off (about 20 pp!) all are one alpha...so confused but haven't found any more info, which is why I am looking here.

Instructions are, turn switch on, hold the on/off switch down for the info center and the up arrow on the toggle switch for same. It will black out and then start asking you questions, but no instructions on how to answer....I did manage to clear all, just by pushing all the buttons..

Good luck!

Ouch... those Tech 2's aren't exactly cheap. At least I have a 4 year warranty so I won't be doing any of my own repair work anytime soon. I do have the ability to obtain diagnositcs from OnStar but I doubt they will give me the specific codes that I could get in my SLS. Oh well. I kind of liked being able to speak fairly intelligently about my car's problems when I needed to go to the mechanic for service. I always felt a little less at their mercy when I could go with some knowledge of the details behind what was wrong. I wonder why that functionality wasn't carried over to the CTS.

Archived