CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

EGR passages

navion

I wonder how often the EGR passages need to be cleaned? What are the symptoms that would indicate that they are in need of attention? :unsure:

The car has developed an obvious "pulse" between 45 &55 MPH that seems to be getting worse. I cleaned the passages out about 15,000 miles ago. The car gets only premium gas. No engine related codes on the DIC. :huh:

Thanks Britt

Britt

Clean the EGR passages every 100,000 miles.

What do you mean by a "pulse"?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I guess that the "pulse" would be caused by an intermittent miss. Due to the excellent motor mounts and the fact that the car is front wheel drive, it kind of makes a miss feel different than a rear wheel drive. SOOO :( I guess that I am describing a miss. This seems to happen and be most noticeable when the converter clutch is locked. That apparently is causing the miss to be transmitted to the drive wheels and becomes noticeable to the cars occupants.

(This is pure guessing on my part). :blink::huh:

Britt

Britt

I had a miss on my wifes accord v6 turned out that it wasn't a miss, but the torque converter going in and out of lock up very fast, but it felt like a miss. It ended up being a resistor that is built into the coil that controls speed inputs to the converter telling it to lock up. Bad resistor not a miss changed coil. Guess it was time to put new plugs wires cap and rotor on anyways :lol:

Just a thought for you to ponder when you can't fix with the simple things.

Jeff R

I'm with jgr7,

Had a '94 Town Car, 49,989 miles, (with a 50,000 mile warrenty ;) ),

with a high speed miss. Chased it with plug changes and wires, etc.

Stopped by Lincoln dealer out of despiration. Immediately they said it was the lockup torque convertor and fixed it for free...

Lasted 'til 206,000 miles. Now my daughter drives it in drive, not overdrive with 245,000 miles! I'm not getting under it to fix it! :lol:

{It was tough to diagnose without their experience... :huh: They didn't even drive it, and still they new in a heartbeat...}

my .02

Archived