CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Relieving Fuel Pressure

EJPut

Can I relieve the fuel pressure in the system without using the guage with bleeder hose as it says in the manual? I am changing the filter and I would just like to push in the valve to relieve the pressure and then change the filter.

Thanks,

Eric

You can do whatever you want, if you want to get sprayed with fuel go ahead :>

I think it will depressurize after some time if you let it sit, but sometimes we don't have that luxury :) Check what the FSM recommends on how to change the fuel filter. If you don't have one I Can check mine and see what it says, although it's for a 99.

You can also pull the fuel pump fuse or relay. Then start the car. It won't run long, if at all but the fuel system will be depressurized.

I just let mine sit for 10 min and wrapped a towel around it , have a small bowl also for fuel to drip into, very easy job 10 min.

Jeff

You can also pull the fuel pump fuse or relay. Then start the car. It won't run long, if at all but the fuel system will be depressurized.

Forget the fuel pump fuse....The fuel pump has a secondary electrical feed from the oil pressure sender circuit. As long as the engine cranks long enough to build adequate oil pressure, the fuel pump will be energized and the engine will start and run.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I got my card punched a couple of years back with my old Park Avenue..... I was replacing the fuel lines from the sending unit to the engine and I pulled the fuel pump fuse per the directions in the shop manual I might add.... I started the car and waited for it to run out of gas....after 5 minutes, the engine was still running.....WTF??? I looked at the wiring diagram and discovered the auxiliary feed through the oil pressure sender.....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived