CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Caddy Wave and decal

chig

I got my first wave today. Some guy in a metallic light blue Seville waved to me as I passed him. Unless he was adjusting his seatbelt.

I was so dumb struck I nearly forgot to wave back.

After my dealer debacle, it made me smile.

How about a caddyinfo sticker that is tasteful and refined (like us) so we can recognize each other on the highways?

Perhaps a solid color on the rearview mirror, or front windshield or something, so we see it in time to wave.

Perhaps it can show support for Bruce, or help honor the memory of his son if that isn't in bad taste.

Anyway, if you waved to a guy in a Polo Green Seville (which can look black) with tinted windows, Thanks, I appreciated it brother.

How about a caddyinfo sticker that is tasteful and refined (like us) so we can recognize each other on the highways?

What do you think how many Cadillacs on the road? The probability to meet best of them (us - the members :rolleyes: ) is really very low. But I like your idea :D

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Bruce was talking about a decal at one time but I guess the idea fell by the wayside. Maybe not enough interest, I'm not sure what happened.

I would guess there are someting like 1 1/2 million Cadillacs on the road. There are 1200 caddyinfo members, and not all of is would display a decal.

Still, it would be fun to spot another member's decal!

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Hehe.. polo green with tinted windows and a 99? Exactly like my car heh. Did you see the thread I posted with pics? Send up a pic of yours.. curious what it looks like. Don't see too many polo green ones.

I wasn't looking to cause Bruce to incur any extra work. My thought was something that would be unnoticed to all but us, and that we could prepare ourselves. Frankly I don't want stickers on my paint. A decal on the windshield would come off easily enough with a razor when it's time to get a new Caddy, or the when it becomes weather beaten.

How about a small post it note stuck to the rear view mirror, maybe a flourescent one.

Free, easily removed, and easily aquired.

I think it is extremely important that there be no pecking order for waves. We all have Caddys which are within our present means. Older or new it is still a Caddy.

My dad had a 55 MG and he joined a British Motor Club. The Austin Healy guys had to wave first to the MG and Jag guys. The MG guys had to wave first to the Jag guys. The Jag guys waved first to other Jag guys relative to the model Jaq they drove. That is crap. I don't want any part of it.

If there were just someway to show particapation on the web site. If I were on the road somewhere and saw a fellow caddyinfo member in need I would not hessitate to assist in any way I could.

I agree with the "pecking order thing is bull s***". A wave is a wave period, what would be next "the secret hand shake"?

I think it could be a possible source of revenue for the website.

sebring06RTP.jpg

I am remembering there was a decal or sticker available in the past. Looked something like the script 'caddyinfo.com' logo at the top of the page. Of course, it would have to say 'caddyinfo.ipbhost.com' today. There were bears available also.

I'm not a big fan of bumper stickers, but a rear window sign would work.

Bruce????

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If you go to http://www.cafeshops.com/caddyinfo, there are bumper stickers, window decals, and license plate frames. Would be kinda cool if we all had an "identifier. I know that a lot of people aren't big on stickers, me included, but a pair of caddyinfo.com license plate frames seems unobtrusive and inocuous enough to me. I'm gonna go ahead and order a set.

Tim

Archived