CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1973 Cadillac Eldorado Fleetwood Convertible

This ebay posting seems a good buy: $4K buy it now, even assuming 137K miles; a lot would depend on a careful review of the actual condition.

!BjOD3)!BGk~$(KGrHqUOKkMEsn4YTfigBLSnzFl

1973 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

I’m offering a 1973 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible that is a prime candidate for restoration or just repair a few small issues and drive and enjoy her right now!

This classic has been stored inside a heated garage during the two years I have owned the car. I drove the car the first summer she was with me but then got too busy on other projects and she stayed parked in the garage except for monthly start ups and runs around the block.

* As far as I know, everything is original including the drive train. She has the original 500 cubic inch motor that runs strong and doesn't smoke or use any oil.

* The transmission works fine and shifts as it should.

* She has a good frame, a solid body and driver quality paint. This car has all the options that say “luxury car” including air conditioning (may need recharged) and power everything -- seats, windows, brakes. steering, and also a power convertible top, all of which operate just fine.

* The dash pad has no cracks or tears and has no noticeable UV damage (looks really good!) All the body panels are in good condition with no surface rust or rust-through holes.

* Odometer shows 36.873 miles but I am not able to document this -- my guess is 136,873 (?).

* This car drives, handles and shifts like a Caddie should!

There are only a few things that need some attention.

* The driver’s side floor pan needs repaired and there are a few pin holes in the trunk.

* Inside, the driver’s side upper door panel will need repaired or replaced to fix the door pull strap and a few other cosmetic issues – nothing too serious.

* The driver’s side front seat shows some wear to the beading (cording) in an area about 1 ½” long. The car’s inspection sticker expired in December 2008.

* The top of the rear bumper on the passenger side has a spot of rust in a 6 to 8 inch area and the driver’s side has a small dent in the bumpers corner.

* The convertible rag top is serviceable but has a few tears or cuts. When the top is down none of the tears are noticeable and the soft boot is in GREAT condition.

Read more: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Didn't Scotty own one of these aircraft carriers? Yellow?

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Archived