CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Cadillac All Wheel Drive ? using the Haldex System

The new 2010 Cadillac SRX is available in front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.  The all-wheel drive is the high tech choice, and makes the SRX a true all-weather, year-around vehicle.  The All-wheel drive system used is a 4th Generation version that can not only distribute power front to rear, but also left to right within [...]

View the full Blog Post

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

the 2010 SRX is available as FWD? probably means the drive package could be used in other bodies. maybe a CTS? don't know the details but it might be the same setup as the lacrosse?

Not quite. The SRX is on the enhanced Theta cross-over platform, while the Lacrosse and the upcoming XTS are more similar, and are on the Epsilon II platform. The XTS will be an extended wheelbase Epsilon II.

The AWD system is the same as used on the Lacrosse, and it likely to be offered on the XTS and on the ATS when it arrives. It seems to be a terrific system with lower compromises in terms of weight and very fast response times.

The CTS AWD has been using a borg-warner AWD setup. Not sure if it will swap to the new Haldex setup in the future or not.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

i meant to say the system looks like it uses a transaxle vs a transfer case like on the STS AWD. i saw a pic of a drivetrain from a new STS AWD that some boneyard was parting out. looked like something out of a F-250 pickup. everytime i see a AWD merc or bimmer i can imagine tons of metal castings hidden from view. bmw has a new 5 series sportback offering that is 5000lbs. ugh.

Archived