CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1993 Allante: 71K miles; Steal, Deal, or No thanks at $6K?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1539137844.html

1993 Cadillac, Allante, Convertable Coupe 2 D - $6000 (Richardson, TX)

Date: 2010-01-05, 5:54PM CST

Reply to: sale-k5cn3-1539137844@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1993 Cadillac, Allante, Convertable Coupe 2 D

V8 4.6L Automatic

Millage: 71142

Cost $6,000 or (OBO)

Great Condition

Crusie Control

Compact Disc player

Cassitte Player

Power Windows

Power Door Locks

AM/FM Stereo

Air Conditioning

Power Steering

Duel Power Seats

Alloy Wheels

Leather

3k93md3lf5Od5P05Rda15e691e1414328100a.jp3kb3me3le5P85Rb5Saa150cf72a3d0e121c59.jp

3kd3md3l55O55P85Rda15c40d70cdc1b115cb.jp3kb3md3o95Pd5S85R1a15ff281cead47b128c.jp

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I remember when people were convinced that these would be collectable one day... :rolleyes:

I would say that is one heck of a deal... IF

1) Everything works on the car OR

2) You don't care about parts that are broken.

Getting parts to fix any trim, interior or eletrical problems will be next to imposible. Specifically the traction control systems on these cars are a BEAR to fix.

I would also what to see some proof that the NorthStar has been regularly serviced or has timeserts/studs.

I had one very that looked very much like that...(mine was a 4.5) It was a great car... I loved it and I miss it dearly.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Agree. Condition would define everything. Assuming it is in good condition and the price is a bit flexible this could be a real bargain for someone.

Bruce

Bruce, you're down in Texas.

Would you ever consider purchasing something like this for a fun weekend driver?

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I CONSIDER it a lot. But it would put my next Cadillac off by the $6K invested, or a year or more. I am also guessing that expanding to 2 current Cadillacs is x4 the expense.

Bruce

I CONSIDER it a lot. But it would put my next Cadillac off by the $6K invested, or a year or more. I am also guessing that expanding to 2 current Cadillacs is x4 the expense.

I certainly understand the part about delaying your next upgrade by $6k.

I'm not so sure about it quadrupling your expenses, unless you caught the upgrade bug.

I ran a 71 Cutlass convertible for about 10 years, and I spent possibly $1000 per year max on keeping it in shape.

Many years, I had no expenses other than fuel, insurance, and cleaning supplies.

I currently have a 91 Miata SE, and I don't envision spending $500 per year in maintenance.

Upgrades are a different issue ... that's going to cost, but its not a necessity.

I just paid collector's insurance ... I'm $153CDN per year, and next year, when the car is 20yrs old, it drops to $100 per year.

Logically, I find an antique car makes little sense from a financial investment.

Emotionally, they are a great hobby. You meet wonderful enthusiasts, and its just plain fun to tinker and problem solve.

And, its all worth it when you can throw the roof off and take a cruise with your significant other.

I envy people in your southern climate ... my Miata is tucked away until May, teasing me when the sun is shinging.

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Logically, I find an antique car makes little sense from a financial investment.

Emotionally, they are a great hobby. You meet wonderful enthusiasts, and its just plain fun to tinker and problem solve.

And, its all worth it when you can throw the roof off and take a cruise with your significant other.

That makes sense to me actually -- but yes, hard to gauge smiles per dollar.

I suppose the XLR would fit my needs better than the Allante, but can't get an XLR for $6K yet.

Bruce

....I envy people in your southern climate ... my Miata is tucked away until May, teasing me when the sun is shinging.

The "southern climate" where I make my home (south of I-20) is not currently soaked in weather conditions compatible with Miatas/Allantes/motorcycles. Our overnight temperatures have been below freezing for 10+ days. And several of those days, the daytime high temperature was also below freezing.

Similar weather conditions are occuring in parts of Florida (south of I-10). Expect to pay the price at the grocery store checkout when you want / need orange juice / strawberries. Despite what the AlGore evangelists would have you believe.

[OFF-TOPIC MODE = OFF]

If this Cadillac lover was tempted to buy a hobby car, it would be a late 1960's model Big Block Chevelle / El Camino.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Daytime highs in Georgia only approaching freezing?

My Canadian, -20degree, salt and slush encrusted heart weeps for you :P

Good point on the cost of produce ... I can't catch a break, as I went basically vegetarian on Jan.1st:(

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Archived