CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

heater problem

gkeleher

You didn't say what car this was occurring on but from your profile, it states a '93 Sixty Special (Sedan deVille). If that is the car, the blower motor control module is often the culprit.

There is a special tee in the heater hose circuit. One leg of the tee has an orifice. If the tee is not installed properly or if it is replaced with a generic tee from a hardware store, no-heat will result.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You didn't say what car this was occurring on but from your profile, it states a '93 Sixty Special (Sedan deVille). If that is the car, the blower motor control module is often the culprit.

There is a special tee in the heater hose circuit. One leg of the tee has an orifice. If the tee is not installed properly or if it is replaced with a generic tee from a hardware store, no-heat will result.

Thanks, the tee is the original and worked before the blower problem. The water is warm to there but seems cooler past it. I just can't imagine both starting at the same time. Being a retired mechanic I suspected the control module so I'll try that first, I just don't work on caddys.

Thanks, the tee is the original and worked before the blower problem. The water is warm to there but seems cooler past it. I just can't imagine both starting at the same time. Being a retired mechanic I suspected the control module so I'll try that first, I just don't work on caddys.

Maybe the restrictor in the T is plugged.

Archived