CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Leather interior

weephee

Someone left a floor mat, spikes down, on the front seat of this car. I assume the mat was on the seat for some time. It left imprints of the spikes on the seat. Has anyone tried and been successful in removing imprint marks from a leather seat. I was thinking of using a heated iron to remove them. Any comments.

What is the temperature where you are? Maybe, if it's cold, the marks will clear up on their own when it warms up. Have you tried washing the leather with warm water and something like Lexol Leather Cleaner followed by Lexol Leather treatment. If you use an iron, it can't be very hot.

It is very cold up here. I took the seat out and brought it into the house. I tried low heat with an iron but no luck. I'll try the water trick next. These seats are absolutely beautiful except for the imprint marks. Thanks for your suggestions.

You can use saddle soap to soften the leather and clean it a bit and then follow this with a LIGHT application of mink oil. Follow all of this with a hair dryer just to warm the leather a bit while massaging the mink oil into the leather using a soft terry cloth towel that's been laundered but NO fabric softener.

The marks should eventually alleviate from the leather. Don't wet the leather too much because it tends to have a cumulative effect of making it age prematurely and eventually crack.

All leather seats should be given a light application of mink oil twice yearly to help maintain it's natural oil content, softness and flexibility.

NEVER use silicone on leather. It attracts dirt and imbeds it into the leather plus, it chokes the pores of the leather so it can't breath and the leather ends up drying out prematurely and cracking.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Caddyman Posted on Feb 6 2004, 11:19 AM

Best thing is Leatherique. It is an extremely mild leather care product made specifically for automotive use, there is nothing better than this.

Where can you find it? While my seats look good I can tell the drivers seat is getting all the wear.

Thanks!

Archived