CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What is the best year for the Seville

A number of improvements were introduced in the 2000 model, including but not limited to, the ability to use regular gasoline. However, to get a 2000 for 10G's, you'll probably have to get one with pretty high miles. Of course, if you get a 98, that will likely have pretty high miles too. I think I would just buy the best car I can find for the money in the '98 to '03 group.

My favorite years would be the 96 and 97. I did a little research before I purchased my 97, (almost bought a 94 but that deal fell through) paid the extra bucks and got a 97. Interiors to me are the best, the drivers air bag and the full console come to mind. I like the pre 98 body style the best. I sat in a 99 and it felt smaller to me I dont think it is but it felt that way. Of course they are all great looking cars it is a matter of preference. But if I were looking for another and had 10,000$ it would be a low mileage 96 or 97 If money were no problem I would look at the 2005s rear wheel drive. One more thing I prefer the sls over a sts I like the chrome and the slightly better gas milage. Aside from this is, what gives you the best bang for the buck?. Mike

In general, the last version of a generation is going to be "the best"...meaning it'll have the most refinements and upgrades. The '97 certainly was "the best" on paper of the 93-97 generation. It had larger front brakes, more chassis gussetting and reinforcements, Stabili-trak, etc. I'd say the '04 STS would be "the best" of the 98-04 generation. It all depends on how far in detail you want to get with the car. Major items didn't change at all. Many little details probably did.

This might give you some insight:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/sevilleyearbyyear.htm

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

If you look at the complaints lodged with the NHTSA you will find that the 92' Seville had the fewest while the Sevilles from 96 and 97 had the most with the years of 98, 99, 00 etc once again having much less or nearly none.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I'm think about buying a Seville STS 98+ but what year is the best year I have 10g to spend.

thats a good down payment on a 2005 STS :)

I know someone who bought (sight unseen) the 2005 STS and he's paid about $60,000 for it, so it's obviously fully loaded or nearly loaded. He gets the first White one that's being built according to his dealership.

P.S. this guy has been a continuous caddy owner since 1955.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

If it were me with only $10,000 to spend I would be looking for the best shape '97 I could find. You could more than likely get a good runner for $8,000 and use the other $2,000 for hooking it up per your personal specs.

Just my 2 cents...

Peace ByStorm

I LOVE my '99, and yes it has been trouble free after I learned to drive it hard once in a while, and where to keep the engine oil level. Before that it used quite a bit of oil. I do agree that a 2000 might be the better choice because of the regular gas spec. and a newly designed camshaft with roller followers. Beyond that you'll probably be pretty hard pressed to stay in your budget. I've seen a few posts here from owners of newer models ('01+) that set off red flags for me.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived