CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

programming rke

GOOB

the directions say to ground the single black wire located near the trunk pulldown motor. there IS a wire there with a black stripe and a male connecter on the end. is this it...and how do i ground it? can anyone give me a discription of what exactly i am looking for?

thanx in advance

I recently had to program a new RKE. The instructions say to ground a single black wire near the pulldown motor. If I remember correctly, my black wire had a white or light gray stripe on it and a female plug on the free end. I simply loosened one of the pulldown mechanism bolts, looped one end of a short length of bailing wire under it, then retightened the bolt. I stuck the other end of the wire into the female plug and followed the rest of the programming instructions.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

In order to ground the wire, you need a metal clip or bare wire to stick on the male plug connection and the other end to a bare metal surface in the trunk. That is it. Very easy.

In order to ground the wire, you need a metal clip or bare wire to stick on the male plug connection and the other end to a bare metal surface in the trunk. That is it. Very easy.

thanks ben,

i tried it with a screwdriver the first time and i guess the painted part of the trunk i used was not grounding it because it didn't work. i got the clip out of my fuse kit and ran the other end to a bolt and....WAALAAA! saved me about $200 at the dealer for a new remote and programming (got used remote off ebay for $5 and caddyinfo helped me pragram it!)

thanx guys (non-gender)

would that work on a 1997 sts I have looked in the trunk by the pull down and there is no wire ...just the one's that go to the pull down motor ...any help would be great

unfortunately it will not work on 1997. Ask Logan, he knows how to.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived