CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Vibration issues

Logan

They was a post....cant find it now... about car vibrations the first 2-3 miles....

Its the tires...they sit 8-9 hours they will setup and flat spot. Just about right...2-3 miles and the issue goes away.

They was a post....cant find it now... about car vibrations the first 2-3 miles....

Its the tires...they sit 8-9 hours they will setup and flat spot. Just about right...2-3 miles and the issue goes away.

Was this the discussion you're talking about? http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2379&hl=

If it is then let me update with the following info. I could tell it was one rear tire. The shaking in my seat but not in the steering wheel was a good indicator and also I discovered that I have a badly worn bushing in either the knuckle or the upper control arm..... or both. Most likely the knuckle, which should be arriving this week. The worn knuckle bushings I think would account for the shaking especially since both the lower and upper control arms mount to it. Also it never used to shake previously. I'll post the update when she's all fixed.

-kg

207,000 miles

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived