CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Eagle One NANO WAX

In a previous post, I mentioned I purchased a bottle of EagleOne NanoWax. It was 10.00 with a 10.00 rebate, making it free. It also comes with a microfiber towel. I said when I used it, I'd give my .02.

WELL, at first I HATED IT!!! I couldn't get it to come off using my cotton towels that I've used for years when waxing my car. I was so pissed and kept telling myself "it can always be repainted", "the dealer can fix it", "it's not a total loss", etc. This was with tears running down my face. It was awful! Then I remembered that microfiber towel that came with the wax. A MIRACLE! The wax came right off. And like it states on their web site, non of those pesky little white dust/wax crumbs. My car looks great and after I got the hang of it (a little goes a long ways), it was so easy. I think this was the quickest I've ever waxed my car. I don't know how long the shine will last, but for now, I'm impressed with this wax, especiall since it was free and came with that miracle microfiber towel.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Ahaha.. I LOOOOOVE microfiber towels.. I use them around the house for cleaning too. They also work wonders on dashboards (dust removal) and other stuff like that. Where did you get the wax, i'd like to try it too :> ESPECIALLY since it's free :>>>>>>

Very Cool, this morning I bought 12 what that package called high quality microfiber towels from Costco , and now I read this, about how good the towels are! I love this site.. BTW, 12 microfiber towels at Costco were about $9.00 get them fast you know Costco, what they have today they don't tomorrow! LOL... Mike

PS, scottsdale and sedona were incredible just got back at 2 AM, missed this site. Rented a 2004 Deville, loved it, the cooled seat feature was nice in that 104 to 110 degree heat all week. On the way up to Sedona, there was a five mile climb and they warned you to turn off the AC, never saw that before. Well I said, hell I'm leaving it on and I'll watch the temp and do a field test for bbobynski!! Never went above 220 all the way up at 75 - 80 MPH at an incredible incline. She breezed up to 4,000 feet with ease, while lots of cars labored. Quite amazing given that it was over 100 degrees there. The speed limit on Route 17 North is 75 MPH have not seen that in years, and other cars were FLYING! The Deville at 90 MPH was outstanding and stable as hell even with a strong cross wind. Felt very safe. Mike

Since you mentioned MicroFiber towels: On the cheap- Walmart- 5 for $5.00, Sams or Costco (I forget), 20 for ten bucks. Better ones at "Pakshack.com". Just remember to wash them first, ALONE, as in no other cloths. They will SUCK the lint/fuzz off of other cloths. I let mine air dry because they will remove any fabric softener that might be on the drum of your dryer. The MF's are great on glass with just plain water. I separate mine according to duty and don't cross/mix them, i.e. windows only, wax removal only, wheels only, car washing only, drying only... I have good results (wax job lasts longer) washing the car with just a steady flush of water( no car soap) and a MF. BTW I still use 100% cotton, American-made, White, Fieldcrest towels for most of my wax removal. The MF's are sooo good at removing stuff, they can remove wax, as in you'll end up with more wax left on the finish with cotton towels compared to rubbing it with MF's...

rek

Oh I'd definitely PUT the wax ON the car with a regular towel. Then let it dry.. but yea those MF towels kick so much *smurf*. You can wash most things with water if it's dirty. Plus they are GREAT for getting the dust off of televisions, computer monitors, windsheilds, dashboards, mirrors etc. (with no water)

I was thinking of that Nano wax too.....but the detailing forum I visit recommends the NXT wax over it saying that it lasts longer and is easier to apply and take off.

With micro fibers remember that they have different qualities just like cotton towles. To test its scratch factor, take a CD and rub it 15 times pretty fast, if no scratches appear, youve got yourself a good microfiber......if there are scratches.....well you know.

Those Costco ones are good though....and you cant beat the price.

I got the wax at O'reilly's auto parts. The rebate is thru Eagle One, so any parts store should have it. It's really worth it since it comes with that microfiber towel. I just got back from Walmart and bought alot of MicroFiber towels. I love those things. I'll do the CD test before using them. I bought a big one to dry the car and the 5pack of small ones to remove wax. I've heard good things about that NXT wax, but wanted to try the nanowax cause it was free...and don't forget the free microfiber towel. lol MY CAR IS SO SHINY :D

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Hmmm, just did the CD test on the microfiber towels from Walmart. The 5pack of small ones DID scratch the cd. The large single towel didn't scratch the CD. The free towel that came with the NanoWax also scratched the CD. I'm using my finger and pressing hard, rubbing back and forth about 20-25 times. I think I'm probably using alot more pressure trying to scratch the CD than I would drying or taking wax off the car. Should I take the 5pack back to Walmart? Anyone use them with good luck?

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Its really up to you but Ive tested mine from Target with brute force and have seen no scratches on the CD. In my opinion I would turn it back to walmart.....you can still use them for glass and small things like your interior or wheels, but the small surface marrs will appear with time. I love the CD test because it tells you if you have truely good MF towels. For paint you really want a good quality MF, but like I said for anything else....itll still beat out just about any good cotton towel you can throw at it + you get no lint. You did a good job with the big towel, they dry the cars great and absorb soooo much more water. If you have a Costco or Target near you try them out too.

EDIT: Just got to thinkin..........why do you think the MF is free with the wax???LOL???

By Storm, I do think the nanowax removed small scratches because my paint looks so good now. Sometime in the somewhat near future, I think I'll clay my car and do a 3 step process. For now, it really looks good.

MSilva, The microfiber towel that comes with the wax is FREE because it's unexpected! lol (of course I know ya pay for it and it's really not free). Actually, in this case, it is FREE because of the rebate.......that is if I get it (you know how some of those rebates are)

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

Yea, youll get it (after 2 mons prob) I may go for it just because its free.....but I still havent tried the NXT that I bought yet.

One thing is that the rebate has been going on forever.........how much can they really be getting out of this, I mean almost every review I read sayd NXT is better yet alot of people are getting the EO NANO only because it is free......how good can this be??

The new rebate coupon I got at the autosupply store started July 1 and goes all month. The coupon that comes in the box did indeed expire the end of june, but they have a pad of new rebate coupons on their rebate rack.

I just nanowaxed my Axiom. I had some scuff marks on the rear bumper when I loaded a TV and slid it on the bumper. The nanowax completely took it off. They weren't deep or anything, just noticable to me.

I can't wait to try the NXT.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

I got the NXT spray also...for quick after wash detailing...its supposed to keep up the durability. Does the NANO wax have a detail spray??? I bet the combination of the NXT;Detail (in between spray) and the microfiber will make a great combination. Man this thread is making me really want to get out and wax my car. :D

Since you mentioned MicroFiber towels: On the cheap- Walmart- 5 for $5.00, Sams or Costco (I forget), 20 for ten bucks. Better ones at "Pakshack.com". Just remember to wash them first, ALONE, as in no other cloths. They will SUCK the lint/fuzz off of other cloths. I let mine air dry because they will remove any fabric softener that might be on the drum of your dryer. The MF's are great on glass with just plain water. I separate mine according to duty and don't cross/mix them, i.e. windows only, wax removal only, wheels only, car washing only, drying only... I have good results (wax job lasts longer) washing the car with just a steady flush of water( no car soap) and a MF. BTW I still use 100% cotton, American-made, White, Fieldcrest towels for most of my wax removal. The MF's are sooo good at removing stuff, they can remove wax, as in you'll end up with more wax left on the finish with cotton towels compared to rubbing it with MF's...

If you are looking for a good cotton towel, read the content label and look for a towel that says "100% Egyptian Cotton" or "100% Egyptian Cotton Loops". Egyptian cotton is the softest and most absorbant of all the cottons available. Once you feel a towel made from Egyptian cotton you'll swear it's made from silk and the water absorbing power of Egyptian cotton is simply amazing.

P.S. Target stores sell Egyptian cotton towels at really good prices. You can buy large towels and cut them into quarters.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

According to Sal at the Zaino site the onlt 100% cotten towels are made in the USA. The others contain other fibers. It may not make a difference with some wax but it does w/Zaino and possibly could w/NXT since its also a polymer.

Egyptian cotton towels can be made anywhere. The cotton is simply imported from Egypt and is 100% cotton. Many towels "made in America" are also made from Egyptian cotton. When you go shopping for cotton towels, if the store carries Egyptian cotton towels, they are also more expensive than regular cotton towels. These towels are softer, stronger and more absorbant than cotton which was grown in the USA, South America or elsewhere.

Egyptian cotton is considered a luxury item. All the best hotels use them which is probably why they get stolen so much. LOL!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The hotels I frequent are run by Egyptians and stocked w/paper towels. Cuts down on theft.

LOLOLOL!!!!!! :lol:

Archived