CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

it happend :-(

tekfx19

Ohhhhhhhhhh, when I see something like this I get sick to my stomach.  Wow....do I feel your pain.  That's really terrible.  I would try to collect as much $$$ as possible from the other party and buy a new car and not attempt to fix that.  Looks too serious to fix.

It all depends on the condition of the car and the value to the owner. A good body shop can properly repair the worst of damage and there will be no clue to the damage after the repair.

Only a professional body shop looking at the actual car can determine if it's fixable and if it will be SAFE and ROAD WORTHY if it gets fixed. Have any body shops looked it over yet?

It's heatbreaking, such a beautiful, **obviously well-kept car** and in the blink of an eye, gone.

If you are unsure about the insurance laws in your state, contact an attorney who might be able to help you or at least give you a good idea as to where you stand in this situation. It's very important to get a copy of the police report and review it carefully for errors or omissions.

By the way, are you OK after the accident???? Hope you're OK but if you feel any discomfort anywhere, be sure to see a doctor right away. Sometimes, strange things can happen to the human body, even weeks after an accident.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

By the way, are you OK after the accident???? Hope you're OK but if you feel any discomfort anywhere, be sure to see a doctor right away. Sometimes, strange things can happen to the human body, even weeks after an accident.

yea everyone is saying that you hurt from the accident weeks later, im fine, but im not fine with this financial situation, i didnt have collision on the car because id never thought in a million years id be in an accident. So whatever money i get will be from the other guys insurance which is difficult because i have to prove i wasnt at fault, i cant go to an injury lawyer, because i dont think im injured, i need one of those lawyers that sue's everyone and their mother. I think thats the only way im gonna get any kind of restitution, in the mean time everytime i look at the caddy it makes me want to take a rifle and shoot the guy who did it, so im gonna have to either sell it "as is" or part it out, the thing still runs beautiful, i still use it, im thinking if i can get 2500 for it id be pretty set, even tho thats 1/4 the value.

TEK, I WAS IN MOURNING FOR YOU...NOW I AM IN MOURNING WITH YOU.

MY COUSIN HAD MY CAR TUESDAY AND GOT TAGGED IN THE FRONT DRIVER QUARTER PANEL AND DOOR WHILE WAITING ON HIS GIRLFRIEND TO COME OUT TO THE CAR. SOME GUY TURNING ON A RED LIGHT FAILED TO SEE HIM AND THE CAR AND NAILED HIM. I'VE GOTTEN TWO ESTIMATES (IN THE $2K RANGE) AND I'M JUST WAITING ON HIS INSURANCE COMPANY TO CONTACT ME WITH THEIR PLANS.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS.

sorry to hear it man IT SUCKS *smurf* DOESNT IT! im hoping to get a 98 body style if possible, theyre prolly gonna go down in price once the 2005ers come out and crush those amg bastards(they are bastards but i still want one for lack of a better production car....i use the term bastard with severe and utter jealousy)

it sucks even more now because i got a letter from his insurance company stating that they are not liable. went to get the police report this morning but they would not give me a copy of the statements that the officer took from my cousin and the other guy. the officer did not issue a citation to either and the only thing on the report that leans in my favor is that he has the other car marked as collision and mine marked as non-collision...meaning that he ran in to my car.

I'VE GOTTA GET THOSE STATEMENTS!

Unfortunately if you had the stop sign and the other party did not, you are most likely at fault. Regardless of you stopping, the other person/insurance will claim that you did not proceed with caution from the stop sign while the other person, with the right of way, was traveling through the intersection. Also, unless there was someone with a radar gun nearby clocking the other person, speed will not be a factor on the other person because there is no way of telling how fast they were going. No fault refers to injuries. Some states have no fault up to $2000 (example) which is the threshold you need to reach in medical bills before you can make a bodily injury claim against the other person, nothing to do with the damage to the vehicle. After looking at the pictures, the frame is bent. Remember, the car is unibody construction, that pillar between the doors (B pillar) is pushed in pretty good along with the rocker panel and the roof panel, all have the unibody frame behind them. A good shop with a quality frame machine could take care of it. It's too bad, car looks to be in great shape.

I am sorry for your loss, but I am with Ejput on this one. I do not know how you can blame the other person when you pulled out in front of them. You may have stopped but the other person had the right-of-way. Basically you made a mistake and you are unfortunatly going to have to pay for it. You will be lucky if the other person doesn't come after you for damages or pain and suffering. The way I see it your first mistake was the dropping your collision insurance, unless you valued the car at an amount that you could afford to replace it. Second, you failed to give right-of-way to the other person. Third, you are looking to blame someone else for your mistake. You are very lucky you were not hurt or that someone else was not hurt. You also lucked out because you were not cited. You will be lucky if they do not sue you and even luckier still if your insurance does not go up. Count your blessings and move on before your luck runs out.

Archived