CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

22 Days Later

JIMDTS

Hi jinxed45 & Bill K

VBG it was 22 days

I hear you about sh-- happens I'm still POed about this whole ordeal but the insurance co turned out to be ok I just had to get to the rite people I just has a adjuster who was a piece of work then after the secind one came out it took some talking and a couple phone calls to get what I wanted I just wanted the car returned in pre loss condition So it all worked out but I'm out my deductible, a hassle plus some home improvement and security lights ..landscape changes I had to dig out and remove a couple large evergreen shrubs and re plant smaller ones to give a clear shot to where the car usually gets parked overnight..It makes you really think at how to secure your stuff..darn I live in a nice neighborhood but there was some hiding places around my house but no more..You just have to try to out smart and slow down the would be thiefs..

Jim

Well it's all done and the dealer did a great job as to be expected.Between the crooks and the tow truck they did a lot of cosmetic damage just bagging a set of wheels..So it took some time to repair.

Cheers

Jim

Jim,

I have heard many complaints (and names) about shoddy dealers. Since you say they did a "great job" and you are satisfied with their service, why not name names and give credit where credit is due. May help someone in your area.

Larry

Ok

The dealer was Rinke Cadillac in Warren Mi. The body shop is first rate along with the rest of the dealer The repair service dept. (garage) is just fine too. The paint work is just fine a long with all the parts fitting correctly gaps and stuff like that all allign up correctly. I'm pleased with the repair job The car had just over 8k in parts and labor mostly cosmetics and some was not New rear bumper, repaired the front bumper new wheels and tires sensors(tire pressure monitoring) , new center caps etc, new rocker panels new exhaust cat back 1 piece,both front fenders painted and quarter panels,rockers front & rear bumpers. 4 wheel alignment & center steering wheel along with hunter tire balance. They r&r the tail lights headlights etc to do the job they even pulled the front bumper to do the repair off the car.. All in all it's a proper repair the color matches along with the texture of the paint finish The car rides great stays straight with the steering wheel dead center. wheel No vibrations at high speeds but i didn't have any before hand.The exhaust was due to scratched up & gouged up tail pipe tips Hey you have to replace the whole exhaust to get it the way they come out of the factory I had to argue with the ins. co. about this they wanted to hack and whack the exaust sys. with new oem mufflers which they cut and clamp on the new mufflers which the car had a 1 piece factory sys..I don't like to do that if I ever hit a good bump or bottomed out thats' where it would pull apart. The tow truck did this stuff

But all is well that ends well..

Cheers

Jim

Jim,

Glad to hear things worked out for you. Like you said: your initial adjuster was just a piece of work" I too found that out with my on-going house ordeal. Finally, just had to get to the right person and things are starting to roll.

Good Luck!

Jim White

Hi Jim

Good to hear your claim is working out well.I had to go through 2 adjusters and the mgr. of them to get the car done rite. With the second adjuster I must have used the words That's unacceptable for 2 hours straight. All he kept saying it's an autherized GM repair and I would come back with That's unacceptable to me.Then he kept calling his boss on the phone I could over hear the conversation finally i just told them pay for it now or pay later in court. Then it OH ok we will fix it the way you want and That ticked me off all I wanted is the car returned in pre loss condition.My wife was with me and she mentioned how could you keep your cool and not tell the to go F their self She was ready to tell them that and I had to laugh

I just told her just don't get P'oed and hold your ground.

Good Luck

Jim

It's tough keeping your cool. I try to use the logic: never argue with an idiot because the person watching won't tell the difference." It's like you said: ya’ gotta’ find the right person ... when there is one.

Like with me, when I questioned his analysis. His reply was "that people try all the time to rip off insurance companies." If I could of reached through that phone I would of throttled him. So I had to settle and just say "Ditto." I tried to explain to him that water has the same principals as electricity and slackers; "it takes the path of least resistance and goes to the lowest point."

Jim

Archived