CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

You can rent a Freon sniffer from an auto parts store or a rental agency. I would do that before I put dye in the system because it's more sensitive and you don't need to be able to see the leak to find it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Reasons for an A/C not to blow cold include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Low Freon.
  • Bad or sticking compressor clutch. [throws no code]
  • Electrical problem with power to the compressor clutch. [throws no code]
  • Sticking temperature mixing doors, or incorrect temperature setting.
  • Low vacuum, or bad vacuum lines to the servos for the temperature doors.
  • Electrical problems for the A/C controls or the controller for the temperature control doors.
  • Kink or obstructed Freon line anywhere in the system.
  • Clogged expansion orifice just before the evaporator. This is usually caused by debris from a dryer that should have been changed.
Most of these will throw OBD codes that will lead you to the problem. I marked a few that I know won't throw codes. For a better list with troubleshooting charts and repair instructions, brows the HVAC section of the FSM.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

thanks jim you always give some very helpful advice I do appreciate it. If I can sell my truck I can keep my cadillac In a tight spot with money law school and life are not afreeing with me. If you know anyone looking for a 04 avalanche let me know nothing at all wrong with it....

Archived