CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

cracks in dashboard

caz1986

My 1982 Suburban had a cracked dashboard worse than that. I ended covering the whole thing using automotive carpeting. I can take pictures if interested. It looks very good. You can try filling the cracks but it'll always be noticeable. You might also be able to find a reproduction dash pad if it's available for this type of car.

IPB Image

My 1982 Suburban had a cracked dashboard worse than that. I ended covering the whole thing using automotive carpeting. I can take pictures if interested. It looks very good. You can try filling the cracks but it'll always be noticeable. You might also be able to find a reproduction dash pad if it's available for this type of car.

Yes i would very much like to see a picture of the dashboard you got covered :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes i would very much like to see a picture of the dashboard you got covered :)

Here are the pictures of the covered dashboard from my 1982 diesel Suburban. The dashboard had major cracks in it so I covered it using automotive carpeting from Home Depot. I used contact cement and Liquid Nails and the whole job took me about 3 hours. It has been nearly 13 years since I covered the dashboard and I have driven the truck over 100k miles and through 46 of 50 states. The truck interior was very noisy and all the carpeting helped quiet things down.

P1070090.jpg

P1070091.jpg

P1070092.jpg

IPB Image

Archived