CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

pics of motor buildup

i've been forgetting to post some pics of my new motor! It's in the car now. Everything finally bolted up correctly. I just have to install the starter and connect a WHOLE buncha wires! I know some people won't care for what I've done to it, but I did it for me! I had fun with it, mostly!

post-3-1087596681.jpg

post-3-1087596748.jpg

I"m also going to paint the V8 PFI indentions in lime green... getchya some. hate it don't ya?! : )

post-3-1087596849.jpg

pics could be better. didn't show up the anodized purple fuel rail very well...

post-3-1087596924.jpg

I know some people won't care for what I've done to it, but I did it for me! I had fun with it, mostly!

Hey man, whatever floats your boat. When I rebuilt my Oldsmobile 403 engine, I actually painted it Chrysler blue. I wanted to paint it blue, and the Chrysler hue seemed the best match for what I wanted. Looked REAL sweet with the yellow ignition wires and aluminum (OE) intake manifold.

post-3-1087606043.jpg

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I know some people won't care for what I've done to it, but I did it for me!  I had fun with it, mostly!

Hey man, whatever floats your boat. When I rebuilt my Oldsmobile 403 engine, I actually painted it Chrysler blue. I wanted to paint it blue, and the Chrysler hue seemed the best match for what I wanted. Looked REAL sweet with the yellow ignition wires and aluminum (OE) intake manifold.

AHH, the Rochester Quadrajet, I loved that carb. I loved to rebuilt the Quadrajet also, that was such a cool carburator. When those secondaries opened the WAAAAAA sound was amazing!!! I don't think I ever worked on a 403 olds, only the 350 and the 330. Those engines were peppy my Aunt's 66 F85 was pretty quick. You brought me back, Mike

AHH, the Rochester Quadrajet, I loved that carb. I loved to rebuilt the Quadrajet also, that was such a cool carburator. When those secondaries opened the WAAAAAA sound was amazing!!! I don't think I ever worked on a 403 olds, only the 350 and the 330. Those engines were peppy my Aunt's 66 F85 was pretty quick. You brought me back, Mike

I love the Q-jet. I had a computer-controlled one in my '84 Cutlass. Yep, this thing had everything a TBI car had -- oxygen sensor, throttle position sensor, computer, the works. Instead of controlling the pulse width of the injectors, it would cycle a mixture control solenoid, which varied the amount of fuel available to the primaries. It was a closed loop system. I even hooked a multimeter to the oxygen sensor circuit and was able to watch the oxygen sensor's output as I was driving along. It was pretty neat. Rudimentary compared to today's cars, but it was innovative for the time I guess. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

AHH, the Rochester Quadrajet, I loved that carb.  I loved to rebuilt the Quadrajet also, that was such a cool carburator.  When those secondaries opened the WAAAAAA sound was amazing!!!  I don't think I ever worked on a 403 olds, only the 350 and the 330.  Those engines were peppy my Aunt's 66 F85 was pretty quick.  You brought me back, Mike

I love the Q-jet. I had a computer-controlled one in my '84 Cutlass. Yep, this thing had everything a TBI car had -- oxygen sensor, throttle position sensor, computer, the works. Instead of controlling the pulse width of the injectors, it would cycle a mixture control solenoid, which varied the amount of fuel available to the primaries. It was a closed loop system. I even hooked a multimeter to the oxygen sensor circuit and was able to watch the oxygen sensor's output as I was driving along. It was pretty neat. Rudimentary compared to today's cars, but it was innovative for the time I guess. :)

Cool, I did not know they advanced the Q-jet like that. Before the Q-jet, I liked the Carter AFB. Those huge secondaries on the Q-jet sucked ME in! Mike

Archived