CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

best investment so far...

davedog

I just had my windows tinitned on my 92 eldo, the change in how it makes the whole car look is amazing! I would highly reccommend it. I went 20% all the way around which is a perfect amount. I'll try to get some pics up soon! B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Just curious guys... What does this cost to have a car like an Eldorado tinted professionaly? Is it very durable, or do you really have to be careful cleaning windows, etc.? I agree it does totally changes the look of a car, very nice if done correctly.

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

I have an appointment to get my windows done on Sunday...I priced it around the Nassau County NY area and got prices ranging from $175-$225 + tax...I decided on a place for $180...i had a car of mine done there about 7 years ago and I loved it. That price was for all 5 windows. Word to the wise...ONLY get 3M tint., highest quality by far....and make sure they give you a lifetime warranty. If you get a cheapie job, trust me, you will get what you pay for.

Mine cost 200 lifetime warrenty against peeling etc.The high quality films are quite resistant to scratching but with a little extra care the film will outlive the car.

Also worth mentioning the inside air temp is a lot cooler and with mine the film also gives my interior some UV protection.

BTW Get a reputable shop to do the work!

Just curious guys... What does this cost to have a car like an Eldorado tinted professionaly? Is it very durable, or do you really have to be careful cleaning windows, etc.? I agree it does totally changes the look of a car, very nice if done correctly.

Just remember to never use ammonia based cleaning products like Windex on the Widow tint. Pick up automotive window cleaner like Clearvue to clean the tinted windows.

Got my eldo back from the tin guy...MAN does it help the looks of the car!! I got 35%, which on a light car (diamond white) is absolutely perfect!! I can also see at night! woo hooo!!

Any darker color though, u need 20% or darker to get the same effect.

I'll get some pics on soon....bigfoo is helpin a brotha out. Thanks again man!

I tint everything I've ever owned. Both Caddys Limo all the around, I think it's 8% not sure though. Had to sign release at the tint shop. In south FL. the sun is really tough, it helps alot. The other thing that both my wife and I like about it is the security, no one can see what's sitting on the seat when your stopped at a light. My wife says she doesn't get harrased as in much in traffic either.

The guy who did one of my cars showed me his car, he even tinted the windshield. Very lightly, not too dark, but with all the windows up you couldn't see anything at all. He did admit it was kinda hard to see sometimes at night. If I every saw him coming I'd stay the hell away.

sebring06RTP.jpg

I also have mine tinted (can't remember the percentage) but its as dark as you can get legally here in NY State. It looks great and I can also see out at night with no problem at all. I too have a life time warranty for no fading. The cost was about $250 from the TintShop here in Rochester NY.

Peace ByStorm

Archived