CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Controling Power Outlets 2006 DTS

trophy

I am new to this forum and am requesting any help for the following concern.

I want to be able to have my power outlet turn off in 10 minutes after turning off the cars ignition. In my 2000 DTS and 2004 DHS the power out lets go off after 10 minute when the ignition is turned off. The dealer I purchased the car from said he didn't think I could have this happen on my 2006 DTS performance. thanks

I am surprised that it doesn't. Does the rest of the car have RAP (Retained Accessory Power)? If so, just rewire it to another source. I would imagine that they all are RAP protected and that is the exception.

Thanks for the reply. I will try another power source outlet and see what happens. If it works how do I rewire it?

I too have a 2006 Performance sedan.

I love it.

For it's size, it runs and handles great.

It has always ticked me off that the 12V power outlets do not turn off after 10 minutes like everything else does.

Just a word of caution....

Be careful about leaving radar detectors and cell phone chargers plugged in if you are not going to be driving it for several days.

They will kill the battery.

I know. :D:D:D

Posted Image

Thanks for the reply. I will try another power source outlet and see what happens. If it works how do I rewire it?

Cut the wire and tape it off. Then splice the outlet into the other source.

....I want to be able to have my power outlet turn off in 10 minutes after turning off the cars ignition. In my 2000 DTS and 2004 DHS the power out lets go off after 10 minute when the ignition is turned off. The dealer I purchased the car from said he didn't think I could have this happen on my 2006 DTS performance. thanks

I have no way of knowing if the following appies to a 2006 model or not. But here it is.

Find the fuse identified as RAP (Retained Acessory Power) possibly under the rear seat cushion or underhood. If the RAP fuse socket has two possible positions, one position will be continuous, and the other will be on a 10 minute RAP timer.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

....I want to be able to have my power outlet turn off in 10 minutes after turning off the cars ignition. In my 2000 DTS and 2004 DHS the power out lets go off after 10 minute when the ignition is turned off. The dealer I purchased the car from said he didn't think I could have this happen on my 2006 DTS performance. thanks

I have no way of knowing if the following appies to a 2006 model or not. But here it is.

Find the fuse identified as RAP (Retained Acessory Power) possibly under the rear seat cushion or underhood. If the RAP fuse socket has two possible positions, one position will be continuous, and the other will be on a 10 minute RAP timer.

JimD...

Just a slight clarification...if I may...

In my car..."EVERYTHING" turns off after 10 minutes..."EXCEPT" the 12 volt power outlets.

(We used to call them cigarette lighters) :D:D

The lighter sockets never do turn off...they stay hot all the time.

I am assuming that they do not connect to the RAP circuit???

I have 4 lighter sockets in my car.

One in the ash tray...one under the drivers seat and one in each rear door armrests.

The radar detector is in the one in the ash tray and I always forget to turn it off when I pull into the garage.

A couple of years ago...the car set for about 10 days and it killed the battery.

GM Roadside Assistance came out and replaced the battery.

Normally it never sets for more than two or three days, without being driven.

Posted Image

Archived