CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Rail Recall

growe3

A number of forum members have reported fuel rail problems. As most may know there is a recall in effect if the fuel rail has started leaking. It appears that the earlier models (93-94) are also on the list for possible problems.

Below is a NHTSA link to see if your car/truck is on the list for this recall or various other recalls.

The search engine is a little clunky but it works.

Do not search for STS or SLS, search for Seville if appropriate

NHTSA Recall Lookup

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Thanks for that link. This little caveat is interesting:

DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND, IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THE ENGINE FUEL RAIL WITH A NEW STAINLESS STEEL FUEL RAIL

It looks like that even if your VIN is included in the recall (last time I checked, a week ago, mine wasn't), it appears that your fuel lines won't be replaced unless they're leaking. It seems to me that a safety recall would replace the lines on ALL affected cars to prevent problems -- not just replace the ones that are already broke. That misses the point of a preventative safety recall.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

This board saved my father 800 today with this recall

The dealer was just going to keep their mouths shut and take his check? :o

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

This is Awesome, i had an old post like 9 or 10 months ago about my fuel rail leaking and i think it was Guru or someone who told me how to fix it, well i did and it costed me 5 bucks and about 12 hours of my time. The five bucks was for the peice of fuel line i bought at pepboys which i cut and clamped to the fuel rail to fix it, it has run perfectly since then, but now i get a brand new one !!! yeah, one less thing to pay for.....

And now you know why GM treats dealerships like individual shops operating independently from the company. In a word, LIABILITY. This appears to me as a case of "apparent impropriety" wheras the dealerships should be EXPECTED to know about the law and how it applies to the vehicles they service. It is what consumers pay for when we go to a dealership for service. Everybody knows the quality of work that we expect is the same or better at a dealership. And that is why we pay more for the service, sometimes LOTS more. We expect full knowledge of the problem, the fix, and the LAW.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived