CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

When it rains it pours.....

Brad

I guess everyone who has been following this little escapade of mine can all say in unison, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Got the car back from the dealer last Friday after the ring job. Went back yesterday because of the "Service Engine Soon" - turned out to be the EGR. They replaced the EGR and today it seems that my blower motor or something blew and sent wicked vibrations through the firewall. Certainly woke me up!

Bottom line - black on black car, 100 degree heat, NO AC.

Car going back in tomorrow....... :angry:

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

I guess everyone who has been following this little escapade of mine can all say in unison, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

I thought you were going to say your engine drank all the coolant and it appears you need Timeserts. :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I thought you were going to say your engine drank all the coolant and it appears you need Timeserts.

That's what I though too!

Make sure they keep the spark plug wires are at least 1" away from the blower motor. If not, certain destruction of the blower will occur.....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I thought you were going to say your engine drank all the coolant and it appears you need Timeserts. 

With my luck at this point, I am sure that statement won't be far along. :D

Brad

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Per Kevin: >Make sure they keep the spark plug wires are at least 1" away from the blower motor. If not, certain destruction of the blower will occur.....<

I'd be under that hood with a guage and a camera! If those wires are closer than 1 inch after that recent work, I'd be all over that service manager to eat the cost of a blower motor replacemant, (NOT cheap!!)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Per Kevin: >Make sure they keep the spark plug wires are at least 1" away from the blower motor. If not, certain destruction of the blower will occur.....<

I'd be under that hood with a guage and a camera! If those wires are closer than 1 inch after that recent work, I'd be all over that service manager to eat the cost of a blower motor replacemant, (NOT cheap!!)

Bob D,

Thanks for the advice on that. I will certainly be checking that out, but lucky for me at this point this is all covered under warranty.

Brad

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived