CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Documentation req: "speed limited to 135km/h"

im looking for documentatiion on why this comes up on my dash? its not always there and cant get a pic, and it hasnt come up in a long time. (im not alouwed to take the camera out of the house). I think its something to do with RSS codes? Anyway i wanna try to use it to beat a speeding ticket. (cop said he clocked me at 144, my cruise was set to way less and my tire size knocks the speedo out by 5 or 6 at 140).

im looking for documentatiion on why this comes up on my dash? its not always there and cant get a pic, and it hasnt come up in a long time. (im not alouwed to take the camera out of the house). I think its something to do with RSS codes? Anyway i wanna try to use it to beat a speeding ticket. (cop said he clocked me at 144, my cruise was set to way less and my tire size knocks the speedo out by 5 or 6 at 140).

Look at the top of the page under HOW TO.

Pull the codes and see what they are.

Post them and we will try to help you figure out what is wrong.

A lot of the time, RSS codes will give you that message about speed limited.

Posted Image

C1738 Exhaust Solenoid Valve Short to GND

when i looked at the pump before (its VERY hard to see, i need a hoist) i notice a T junction in the air line and one side the line is gone. Im thinking one side is not filling up with air.

C1738 Exhaust Solenoid Valve Short to GND

when i looked at the pump before (its VERY hard to see, i need a hoist) i notice a T junction in the air line and one side the line is gone. Im thinking one side is not filling up with air.

Replace that line.

See if your codes (and error message) go away.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
hmm i cant figure out where the line goes on the shock?

Seems i was mistaken in what the lines are. I had a new flowmaster cat installed today (old one was noisy as hell, drive throughs sucked). Took advantage of the car eing in the air and had a look:

2 tiny hard lines at each shock, both are attached at pump and shock. I could not for the life of me find the line with the T junction i saw before, but i remember it was bigger. There is a black plastic box behind the drivers rear tire in the fender with 3 larger, rubber lines going to it. But they go through the trunk floor? And for the last couple days the air-ride has been working. Seems though that when the car is sitting higher, it has a bit of nasty right-left sway or jerking on potholes and such.

Im still thinking go passive next spring.... I would hate to lose the RSS though....

Archived