CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Both of my Eldorados Hauled off as junk??? Not my 70! I’m devastated!

Yeah, if anyone sees a 1966 Corvette 427 engine, VIN 194376S111802, let me knnow. I'm not Papa John and can't buy a car like that now but I would like to see it again, and hear its history since September 1967, when I sold it. A doctor drove it to Chicago, I understand.

Thank you all for the support, advice, and everything. I'm still needing to find my title or a registration for the cars so I can make the police report (I've had too many irons in the fire to go through all of those old boxes in the storage room to find what I need, but I'm getting there- just a few more days and i should be able to hunt for them.

Yes, I can prove these cars are special: There are more websites and forums out there with their story of modifications and/or racing history, but google these two phrases to see a sample:

racing 70 eldorado in scca autocross Cody G. Carson

Cody G. Carson 1982 eldorado with injected 472

Jims_97_ETC,

You can go to ebay and look up any car for sale and order a cheap 3 month CarFax plan to see its history. Then, you can substitute the Vette's VIN in place of a car for sale and run the Vette's history. I'm sure there is an easier way to do this, but it is how I researched a few cars I thought about buying locally. You can also use this site:

http://www.govdmvrecords.com/

Either way, for a small fee, you can look at how many times and in how many states the car has been registered and see if it has been in any wrecks. You will also know the last state it was registered in.

And here are some more pictures of my cars:

The 82 Big block pro touring Eldo. The car was in this condition when it went to the crusher (except that I had put the stock rims back on it):

Eldo_with_TA_wheels-1.gif

f30c.jpg

Eldo_with_TA_wheels.jpg

This is the famous SCCA autocross racing 70 Eldorado known for beating Camaros, Tras Ams and Mustangs back in 1985 and 1986:

Codysanding70eldorado.jpg

ChuckandBillpainting70Elorado.jpg

70_Eldo_White.jpg

70eldoradoautocrosstakeoff-1.jpg

70eldopic4turningwithvettes.jpg

And what the 70 looked like after 20 years of being stored in a field. This is what it was when it went to the crusher:

70EldoCragarSSWheels.jpg

I’ll keep you all posted when something develops.

Cody G. Carson

Click here to visit the main directory for my subforum about my 2002 Eldorado build for autocross racing:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=96

CarFAX can't help because they deal with 17-digit VIN numbers. In 1966 they used 13 digits. The other site you mention may be able to help. Thank you.

Those are certainly nice cars. I ran some gymkhanas in my Vette but didn't do that well because they all involved precision backing up, and you can't see out of the back of a C2 coupe very well. However, when I showed up with my Michelin X tires, all the other Vettes withdrew from A production, dropping me into B, then all the small-block Vettes would withdraw, dropping me to C production -- against 3 liter European sports cars. So I went anyway.

I ran a hill climb a few times, always doing well. One year I won A Production but the club put a C Mod (Chev-Healy) in my class after the first run without telling me. Not thinking anyone in my class was within a second of my first run time, I cruised the second two runs; the C Mod car was a few tenths quicker.

I never ran an autocross in that car. There weren't any in my area, Austin TX, at that time.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived