CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film Solutions

MAC

Mac,

I have it on my DTS.

Absolutely LOVE IT. :D:D:D

It has been on there now, for over two and a half years.

I had it put on when the car was just a few weeks old.

It already had one little rock ding on the bumper.

Had that touched up and the 3-M film put on it.

I have 66,000 miles on it and there is not ONE mark on my paint.

There is a tremendous amount of construction going on around here and dirt and rocks are everywhere.

I also put it on the front of the outside rearview mirrors and had an "EXTRA HEAVY" piece put on the headlights. In case you didn't know...these headlights are VERY EXPENSIVE to replace.

In addition, I had him custom cut a piece to fit on the "TOP" of the rear bumper to keep it from getting scratched from putting stuff IN and taking stuff OUT of the trunk. :D

In case you haven't noticed...I am kinda particular with my car.

Posted Image

Mac,

I have it on my DTS.

Absolutely LOVE IT. :D:D:D

It has been on there now, for over two and a half years.

I had it put on when the car was just a few weeks old.

It already had one little rock ding on the bumper.

Had that touched up and the 3-M film put on it.

I have 66,000 miles on it and there is not ONE mark on my paint.

There is a tremendous amount of construction going on around here and dirt and rocks are everywhere.

I also put it on the front of the outside rearview mirrors and had an "EXTRA HEAVY" piece put on the headlights. In case you didn't know...these headlights are VERY EXPENSIVE to replace.

In addition, I had him custom cut a piece to fit on the "TOP" of the rear bumper to keep it from getting scratched from putting stuff IN and taking stuff OUT of the trunk. :D

In case you haven't noticed...I am kinda particular with my car.

WOW! Nice going! I'm thinking of having the front bumper and hood repainted and then I would buy the Scotchgard Paint Protection Film ("PPF"). It looks like if I were to drive by your DTS, I wouldn't be able to tell you have it.

How much did the PPF cost you?

Also, my left headlight had some moisture in it and the Xenon bulb is blown out. A new Xenon headlight (w/bulbs) is over $400. Even used it's $200+ for a Xenon headlight. So I need to open it up and clean it out since some dirt infiltrated inside and then reseal it and buy a new bulb. I did some research and it looks like I can put the headlight in the oven and heat it up and remove the lens. I can either remove all the bulbs and wash it out or remove the lens. Maybe it would be better to wash it out and seal it with clear silicon or some other clear sealant. The lens looks good though it has some pitting from being sand blasted from all the highway driving. I would like to restore both headlights and then buy some PPF.

Mac,

I am not sure I would want to take the headlight apart.

I would be tempted to wash it out, make REAL SURE it is dry and then seal it with silicone.

To clean up the scratches and some of the lessor pits...I have, in the past...used "VERY FINE" POLISHING Compound. I stress the "VERY FINE" part. :D:D

I have also used Jewelers Rouge.

It is much much finer than compound and is a fantastic polishing medium for small scratches.

It is a little more work...but the results can be very, very good.

You can find usually Jewelers Rouge at a hobby store, where they sell model airplanes and model cars.

I also use it, with a Dremel tool to polish the feed ramps of my pistols. Makes them as smooth as glass. :D:D

Posted Image

I also use it, with a Dremel tool to polish the feed ramps of my pistols. Makes them as smooth as glass. :D:D

:lol: This is why it's not a good idea to mess with a Texan.

I only have 7 pistols and 8 rifles and 1 shotgun.

I gave some of them to my son and sold a couple.

Should have kept ALL of them...the way things are going ...politically. :D:D

Posted Image

It's definitely getting scary with all the incompetent and corrupt politicians.

It's definitely getting scary with all the incompetent and corrupt politicians.

Thats for sure...you got THAT right.

Posted Image

I have scratches on the horizontal surface of the door jamb of the car - where feet touch it occasionally. I wonder if this material will avoid that?

I don't see why it wouldn't help.

You could probably do those areas yourself.

Buy a piece of the material from a local vendor, or e-bay, cut it to fit with scissors and cover the areas that are scratched.

AFTER touching them up, of course.

When the clear film starts getting worn too much...it "SHOULD" be a fairly simple job to replace as needed.

Posted Image

Archived