CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

hey all, back again for some of your expertice.

i was driving around all day and pull into my house with the car turned off to find that after i go in the house my neighbor comes and tells me my car is smoking. there was cooland that sprayed through the front grill especially near the front right headlight. i popped the hood and noticed that there is a radiator hose right there but nothing was leaking anymore. i have yet to start the car again as i am afraid to do damage to the engine. i doubt that this is a head gasket issue as i believe that that would not cause the coolant to spray out the front end. my mechanic doesnt open till monday and he is 5 mins away but i am afraid to drive it there. any ideas? again...thank you for all your help

it was a radiator hose, easy fix. thanks for the help

I'm glad it was an easy fix.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

• 1 month later...
it was a radiator hose, easy fix. thanks for the help

I'm glad it was an easy fix.

Nice. Glad it was just a hose. I had to replace the whole radiator last weekend.

Wife pulled up and it was gushing fluid. Checked all hoses (Not lucky). Looked closely and saw cracks in the plastic on the radiator. Napa had a new one for $250.00. Was not too hard to remove and install, just had to work around the A/C condensor. Now it runs like a champ. I did find that my power steering hose has a small leak. Next job : power steering hoses. Every time I have a problem with this car, I want to scrap it, then I get it running and think I will never scrap this machine. It drives like it is on rails. 98 STS. Black. Pretty car, and fast.

Archived