CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Filiform Corrosion

rek

Filiform Corrosion (Chalky white lines/blotches under the clearcoat) as per TSB 07-03-10-015A,

was visible on the RR wheel of my '06. When the new wheel was installed, I requested a wheel alignment, to throw the dealer a "small change/86 Buck Bone", for great service. I didn't think the DTS needed a wheel alignment, as it rode like it was on rails. I was SURPRISED after the alignment. Again, I didn't notice anything that would indicate the alignment was out, but it was...ever so slightly. Gotta love the new generation DTS...

rek

Filiform Corrosion (Chalky white lines/blotches under the clearcoat) as per TSB 07-03-10-015A,

was visible on the RR wheel of my '06. When the new wheel was installed, I requested a wheel alignment, to throw the dealer a "small change/86 Buck Bone", for great service. I didn't think the DTS needed a wheel alignment, as it rode like it was on rails. I was SURPRISED after the alignment. Again, I didn't notice anything that would indicate the alignment was out, but it was...ever so slightly. Gotta love the new generation DTS...

Tell us more about your '06 DTS.

Driving impressions...road trip experiences...cool toys it has...etc..etc

Posted Image

Driving impressions: It's like a rolling Living Room...Smooth, Quiet, Wood Wheel, Bench Seat, Nice Stereo, well mannered...it goes where you point it. It's not the Performance model... If I want the seat of the pants/roar/grumble thrill, I'll drive my 25K mile '73 Z28.

Road trip: BEST in my stable ('92 Riviera, '97 Riviera, '96 Eldorado, '69 Camaro, '73 Z28).

cool toys: I replaced the grill with a paint-to-match, adaptive cruise control grill. It has a unique wreath/crest emblem that is like the black XLR-V center cap. I painted the grill with SEM trim black.

I made "Custom" center caps for the 17" wheels. I cut out the silver arts and crafts emblem, and installed XLR-V caps in their place. (The XLR-V caps are the same size as your silver ones)...

All in all it's a great car!

rek

Your last line pretty well sums up my feelings also...

"All in all it's a great car!"

I have over 60,000 on this one and I had put about 40,000 on the first one that burned in my garage fire.

I like 'em. :D:D

Posted Image

Archived