CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help, tons of codes, what do they mean?

Well I pulled the codes from my 97 sts, Im wondering if anyone can help me out with what they are? Today I got my car back from the shop, getting a broken brake line repaired and on the way home the abs and traction control lights came on so I assume some of these are from whatever the shop did.

Any help would be so great. Thanks again, wonderful site so far. Mike

1. IPC B1552

U1255

2. SDM B1136

3. TSC C1221

C1222

C1242

C1255

C1295

U1016

4. MSM B2118

5. MMM B2146

B2144

6. RSS C1738

C1787

7. PZM B1552

B1971

B2471

B2477

Thanks all!

If it was my car, I would clear all those codes, take a 5 mile test drive and get a fresh reading.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Then look up the definitions here. http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html

I did clear all the codes. A few times, Very few say history on them and none of the tsc say history, they all say current.

Thanks for the link.

I understand some of them but some I don't.

Whats the kam I am getting a couple of times?

SDM-B1136 Discr. sensor open or short to voltage? What sensor is that?

The 2 codes for wheel speed sensor? The speedo is working fine?

TSC-1245 Is that my abs? What part/s of it?

TSC-U1016 Is the abs unplugged by any chance?

MSM-B2118 What is the front vertical sensor?

RSS-C1738 Exhaust solonoid. Where is this located?

C-1787. Where is this relay?

This one I wonder about. In the engine fuse panel there is an inadvertant power relay. The plug looks to be 4 pin, yet the relay is a 5 pin. Is this right? Does this go along with PZM-B1971?

Thanks. Trying to save this mint 97 sts. Great car so far. Thanks for any other info you have. Mike

These cars are very sensitive to bad battery connections and weak batteries. I would clean the battery terminals very good, especially the positive cable and clear the codes and start over.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

These cars are very sensitive to bad battery connections and weak batteries. I would clean the battery terminals very good, especially the positive cable and clear the codes and start over.

I was thinking about going over all the engine grounds and cleaning them. But the only thing Im worried about is the all the tsc codes. This was never like this before I got the new brake line on. What could the mechaic possibly do, doing a brake line. The one that goes under the cooling fans and those relays.

Where is the abs/traction control brain to say. New to all the advanced stuff, I'm used to working on hondas.

I was thinking about going over all the engine grounds and cleaning them. But the only thing Im worried about is the all the tsc codes. This was never like this before I got the new brake line on. What could the mechaic possibly do, doing a brake line. The one that goes under the cooling fans and those relays.

Where is the abs/traction control brain to say. New to all the advanced stuff, I'm used to working on hondas.

Once you determine that all battery connections are good and the battery is good, check the connections at each wheel at the back for the hub bearing. The hub bearing counts rotational speed of each wheel if those connectors are dislodged you will get codes, they are frequently disturbed by mechanics doing brake jobs.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Once you determine that all battery connections are good and the battery is good, check the connections at each wheel at the back for the hub bearing. The hub bearing counts rotational speed of each wheel if those connectors are dislodged you will get codes, they are frequently disturbed by mechanics doing brake jobs.

Hi again. I got rid of all the tsc codes. The machanic took off a ground from the abs/traction modual or whatever you call it lol.

Now Im jsut wondering about that relay I mentioned aove. The invertant power relay. Its a 4 pin plug but the actual relay its plugged into is a 5 pin? Is this right?

Hi again. I got rid of all the tsc codes. The machanic took off a ground from the abs/traction modual
Your "machanic" is an impostor.

or whatever you call it lol.
GM calls it the Electronic Brake Control Traction Control Module (EBTCM).

Now Im jsut wondering about that relay I mentioned aove. The invertant power relay. Its a 4 pin plug but the actual relay its plugged into is a 5 pin? Is this right?
There are industrial engineering standards that facilitate mass production (assembly line) parts assembly. A 5 pin relay is not an acceptable fit in a five pin relay socket.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hi again. I got rid of all the tsc codes. The machanic took off a ground from the abs/traction modual
Your "machanic" is an impostor.

or whatever you call it lol.
GM calls it the Electronic Brake Control Traction Control Module (EBTCM).

There are industrial engineering standards that facilitate mass production (assembly line) parts assembly. A 5 pin relay is not an acceptable fit in a five pin relay socket.

1. For sure, just moved to this little town in richford vt and hes the one that towed my car when it overheated, and the town constable, but it was the only place. At least he got the lines right lol.

2. Thanks like I said new to all this tech stuff.

3. So it should be this way?

Archived