CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi, have a 1994 Sedan Deville. The driver's seat will work perfectly, except the seat does not move back any. It goes forward, lifts/lowers, reclines, and tilts. The passenger seat works perfect all controls. Can I take the motor off the passenger seat that moves the seat back and put it on the driver's seat? Or is it one motor for front/back movement? Could it be something else?

My DeVille is an '87 model, but I suspect the same system was used in '94. Three reversible motors operate the power seats. Up is one/Down is one and forward/back is one. More often than not the problem is with the switch/an Open in the wiring, than with the motor. A test: at the switch seat connector with the seat switch connected and the forward/back switch held in position, connect a 12v test light between D (Lt Grn/Blk wire) and E (Tan/White) wire. Test lamp should light. If it does not, replace the switch, according the the FSM. Hope this is of some use.....

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

I don't have a test light, so I took my DMM and put the leads in the lt green and the tan wires. I hit the switch to the "rear" position, and the seat moved! I set it as far back as it will go. Is it the switch then? Thanks for the help.

Archived