CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Question for Logan

Poobah

On June 5, Cardio-Doc posted a response to Mantis421's question about installing a 94 steering wheel on a 93 Cadillac. He included a link to your anglefire.com article on the subject. Your article includes photos, one showing the dash masked off ready for spray painting, and one of a freshly spray painted shifter handle held up on a screwdriver.

My question is: What spray paint did you use to paint the steering collumn, shifter handle, etc.? The result looks fantastic and my beige 94 interior would certainly benefit from the same treatment!

Thanks in advance.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Boy.....that was years ago......

Here is the wheel update article..

http://www.angelfire.com/stars/mycaddy/airbag.htm

Most automotive paint suppliers have interior paints available in spray cans. The best color description I can offer is beige. Thats not exactly what it was called but I no longer remember the exact color name.

The '93 steering column and shifter color was in baby poop. So with the new steering wheel both the steering column and shifter handle were painted.

Thank you for your response, but I was more interested in the type of paint. What type of paint is suitable for a flexible surface like the shifter but will stand up to the wear that comes with frequent handling?

photo-36.jpg

Its just automotive interior paint. It held up pretty good on the shifter handle for years. Still in good shape when I sold the car.

Thanks for the info.

photo-36.jpg

Archived