CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

When if ever DTS

BUICK11

We have A 2008 STS RWD with the Direct Injection V-6. In addition to A 2001 DTS.

The DTS is in this week to have the lower end sealed using the newest procedure. The car has only 48K on it and is under the Major Guard warranty with a zero deductable. I was going to wait a bit longer to get it resealed But with all this GM money problems going on I decided to do it now besides the dealer was very slow and seemed eager to do service work.

Since the 2008 STS has been flawless I was asking some of the people at my dealer about the DTS coming with a 3.1 Direct Injection motor.

No one had any idea if it was in the works BUT seemen to praise the 3.1.

Anyone have any ideas if Caddy is thinking about this?

Thanks for your input!

Frank

The next DTS, sometimes referred to as DT7, may or may not be on the Epsilon II platform and be a FWD or AWD similar to the Current vehicles built on Epsilon II, the 2009 Buick Regal (China), 2009 Opel Insignia, or 2010 Buick LaCrosse. These have been well-received and appear to be great cars, so it is a good platform to start from.

The Opel Insignia offers [Motor Trend First Drive article] every engine available from GM in Europe, ranging from diesels to 4 cylinder gas, 4 cyl turbo, to 2.8L V6. In the US the DTS would more likely offer the 3L V6 at 265hp and the 3.6L DI V6 at 304hp similar to the new CTS engine lineup, although there have been rumors that we would finally see the supercharged or turbo 3.6L DI engine in the DT7 at 400-450hp.

Open Insignia Gm Europe website

wallpaper4_1600x1200.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived