CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The Supercharger

Dont mean to sound like Martin Luther King, but last night I had a dream that the Cadillac had the Supercharger under the hood. It has to be a sign or something. When is that baby going to be ready?

I have my money ready.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

I think it will be ready in december going for around 3500 but if you pre-ordered it there was a 500 dollar deduction from the price. Supposedly there coming out with a model for the newer northstar engines but they will work their way back through the years for the different models. ;)

If you guys are talking about the project from XMS I wouldn't hold my breath. I talked to them last week and they basically said it was dead unless sombody new of someone who could crack the computer. I guess they have gone thru about 3 or 4 programers with no luck.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

It's funny they spent all this money developing the supercharger and brackets and mounts, and then fall on their face because they can't hook it up to the daggone car. I bet they can at least sell it to the sandrail guys. But I understand they usually use turbochargers.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

• 2 years later...

It's funny they spent all this money developing the supercharger and brackets and mounts, and then fall on their face because they can't hook it up to the daggone car. I bet they can at least sell it to the sandrail guys. But I understand they usually use turbochargers.

dont mean to dig but i know of a company that actually is hackin it as we speak and is very close they say all they need is a car to test it on. ive tried to get in contact with xms and no responce i wanted my eldorado equiped with the added xms mods to get it to 340 hp like this one

http://www.x-m-s.com/ETC2000.HTM

2703551_4_full.jpg

The Twins

1997 ETC & 2003 STS

If you guys are talking about the project from XMS I wouldn't hold my breath. I talked to them last week and they basically said it was dead unless sombody new of someone who could crack the computer. I guess they have gone thru about 3 or 4 programers with no luck.

Mark, dumb question, but what did you do to the PCM to change the fuelling and spark for your turbo mod, seems to me if you can modify the fuelling/spark advance for a turbo'd engine, a blown engine would be similar?

Mark, dumb question, but what did you do to the PCM to change the fuelling and spark for your turbo mod, seems to me if you can modify the fuelling/spark advance for a turbo'd engine, a blown engine would be similar?

I'm using a piggyback computer that skews info going to the stock computer. The stock PCM cannot be reprogramed to control fuel or spark.

MARK 99STS

TURBOCHARGED

could they use a settup like mark 99sts's to run the supercharger, or would that raise the price way too high for the average consumer.

P.S. my 3 year old boy loved the video of marks turbo sts. mine is the same color and he now says that my car is superfast. I can't get it into his head that that is not my car, and that it is way faster than mine, but... what's it going to hurt.

P.P.S. does anyone know exactly what XMS did to achieve their 340HP

Archived