CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

rear trunk emblem

how do you remove the rear trunk emblem on a 97 deville. the emblem wear the key goes in to access the trunk

Are you trying to remove just the emblem or the whole locking mechanism?

Jonah

how do you remove the rear trunk emblem on a 97 deville. the emblem wear the key goes in to access the trunk

Just the emblem I bought a black and chrome one, and do not know how to remove it.

Just the emblem I bought a black and chrome one, and do not know how to remove it.

I have the assembly in my basement still, I'll check it out when I get home.

Jonah

If you have the round "Cadillac Motor Car Division" emblem with the lock visible, heat up the emblem with a heat gun or a hair dryer - keeping the heat gun moving so you don't damage the paint. Use a length of dental floss to "saw" the adheshive away which will remove the emblem. Use a suitable solvent to remove the adheshive residue from the paint. I use Coleman lantern fuel for that application.

If your emblem is the style where you need to pivot the crest to expose the lock, you will need to drill out the pop rivets but I think you have the round emblem that I described at the beginning of my post.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived