CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Finnish Millionaire gets $141K speeding ticket

[article]

Why such a huge speeding ticket? In Finland fines are issued according to ones salary per day. Mr. Bär had to pay 12 days income. If his income in 2007 had been 50 euros a day, then the ticket would have been 600 euros.

It turns out that in 2007 he sold a majority stake in his company and in average made an impressive 9300 euros a day, which translates to a 111,888 euros speeding ticket. Of course Mr. Bär is not happy as his real income today is not that big.

I suppose I understand that this approach makes speeding equally painful to each in terms of the fine amount, but it does seem like a huge ticket in this case.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

[article]

Why such a huge speeding ticket? In Finland fines are issued according to ones salary per day. Mr. Bär had to pay 12 days income. If his income in 2007 had been 50 euros a day, then the ticket would have been 600 euros.

It turns out that in 2007 he sold a majority stake in his company and in average made an impressive 9300 euros a day, which translates to a 111,888 euros speeding ticket. Of course Mr. Bär is not happy as his real income today is not that big.

I suppose I understand that this approach makes speeding equally painful to each in terms of the fine amount, but it does seem like a huge ticket in this case.

Do I need to say that I never ever will visit Finland? ;)

There are quite a few people here in Sweden who want laws like that here too....

Archived